Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is this a scam?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Whats wrong with the price

There's plenty on Autotrader.co.uk even cheaper with the VRT paid

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

That car's in a garage.

Anan1 wrote: »
    That car's in a garage.

So are the majority of cars in Autotrader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

A HPI check will tell you if it's a scam or not, ie if it's been wrote off or stolen in the UK previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    A HPI check will tell you if it's a scam or not, ie if it's been wrote off or stolen in the UK previously.

No it won't. There are lots of scams where the photos of the car for sale have been robbed from a genuine seller.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

eoin_s wrote: »
    No it won't. There are lots of scams where the photos of the car for sale have been robbed from a genuine seller.

I meant after he had viewed the car, checked the documentation, I was presuming he wasn't going to post the cash in a brown envelope to a PO Box in Ballygobackwards before viewing it, but you never know :D

Namesco wrote: »
    So are the majority of cars in Autotrader
    My point is that scams don't tend to involve cars that are available to view.

Anan1 wrote: »
    My point is that scams don't tend to involve cars that are available to view.

What do you mean do you mean then?:confused:

Namesco wrote: »
    What do you mean do you mean then?:confused:
    Have a look at some of the 'scam' threads, they all involve paying for a car that's said to be abroad on the basis that the seller will then have it shipped over. The one in this thread appears to be an actual car, in an actual garage in Longford.

Advertisement