Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South African snacks/sweets

• 27-07-2008 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Was recently on hols in SA and came across
    Fanta Strawberry
    4651%5B1%5D.jpg

Cadbury's Question bar
    Questions%2045g.jpg

Cadbury's Whispers
    cadburyDairyMilkWhispers.jpg

They were great :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

I think we had Whispers here for a while?

Question, never heard of it, looks tasty from the pic, is it like those Kinder egg type bars?? With the white on the inside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

That Strawberry Fanta looks sexy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

daisy123 wrote: »
    I think we had Whispers here for a while?

Question, never heard of it, looks tasty from the pic, is it like those Kinder egg type bars?? With the white on the inside?

Your thinking of Whispa's - Cadburys attempt to compete with Aero bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

There is a south african shop selling goods and foodstuffs near the Jervis centre (just off lower capel street). Wonder if they might have that stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Sorry for the late reply

Yeah the Question bars have a kinder-like white filling.

My boyfriend goes to that South African shop whenever he visits Dublin and stocks up on stuff so they probably have those sweets there :) Oh try their jellytots too, they definitely have those!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Meg, where is the shop in Dublin? Would love to try Question bars.

Don't think I was thinking of Wispas, they are bars and I'm a child of the 80's! On further thought, I was probably thinking of Moments (?), little balls of chocolate?

daisy123 wrote: »
    Meg, where is the shop in Dublin? Would love to try Question bars. Don't think I was thinking of Wispas, they are bars and I'm a child of the 80's! On further thought, I was probably thinking of Moments (?), little balls of chocolate?

Cadbury's Whispers are very similar to our Malteasers, I thought. Maybe a bit more chocolatey than our Malteasers.

This is the website for the shop with the address and they also have a list of all their stock http://www.jabula.ie/stocklist.html

Hope this helps :) They have Question bars! I cant remember the name of their jellytots but they're in a yellow packet. Highly recommended too! Pity there is no SA shop in Cork. Really missing SA stuff since we came back from our hols :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I found the chocolate in Africa to be vile. It melts then goes solid again before its sold. So its powdery and gritty. Yuck.

I didn't have Strawberry Fanta, but there was tropical and blackcurrant in Kenya.

Those Whispers look amazing... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    I found the chocolate in Africa to be vile. It melts then goes solid again before its sold. So its powdery and gritty. Yuck.

I didn't have Strawberry Fanta, but there was tropical and blackcurrant in Kenya.

Those Whispers look amazing... :D

They have grape Fanta in the states.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

That South African shop has Top Deck bars...

:eek:

• Advertisement

That South African shop has Top Deck bars...

:eek:

Yeah they are everywhere in SA! We need to get them back over here!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭keezer

Tasted the grape fanta while in portagul.....all i can say it was very sweet but nice.

Advertisement