Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Think of a name for a black metal band.

• 27-07-2008 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

My friends are in a black metal band but have a rubbish name and need a new one. Any suggestions? Their lyrics are a mixture of two things: the triumph and necessity of the dark side, and kind of winter glorification type stuff like Immortal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Triumph and Necessity of Wintery things

Tanowt

TANOWT.jpg

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Wintre Corpse (that 're' thing is in man)

Corpse Corpse

Winter's Corpse

Corpse Of Winter

Decembre Corpse

Novembre Corpse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Any suggestions?

Don't go for anything long winded, more often than not it'll just sound silly. Think along the lines of Emperor, Immortal, Behemoth, just one word should make a great band name.

Let me just say it so everyone is clear on the subject, anyone who posts more trolling comments is getting an infaction. It's not clever, and it's not constructive, it's just annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Venom oh its already being taken. Dismembered corpse? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

I just told them the suggestions on here. They've decided they want a made-up name, you know, like Immortal invented the land of Blashrykh. So they would like some made-up-land-name suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Grymmshankh (grim-shank)
    Blazgoranth
    Thetisfell
    Kailyra (Ky-lee-ra)
    Bastakk (Blastakk?)

Heh, this stuff's pretty easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Something from Tolkien tends to work well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Black metal is the anti religious/satanic one right?

Luciferian Intercourse
    Christian Murder
    Christian Holocaust
    Cannibal Apocalypse
    Annihilation

The Fluffy Bunny Snuggle Group?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Ah I see what you are getting at.
    Dark evangelist.
    Pentacostal antichrist.
    Beast of revelations.
    Sort of thing....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Makie uppie names are rubbish, reckon they're making a big mistake if they go for one and as for Bellzebubs Wingwang:rolleyes:
    Go for something evocative. Always though Cold Lake was a great name for a band, after Celtic Frosts unfortunate glam metal album. Should satisfy your winter glorification requirement.
    Tolkien is a good source but don't call yourselves Barad-dur call yourselves Dark Tower instead (except I think thats taken), Black Gate instead of Morannon(nope thats taken too). Anyway, you get what I mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

mike65 wrote: »
    Triumph and Necessity of Wintery things

They actually like this one, although it's not "serious" and they want it to be serious. They don't want a religion-based name, they want a cold dark wintery name as their lyrics are not religion-based.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They actually like this one, although it's not "serious" and they want it to be serious. They don't want a religion-based name, they want a cold dark wintery name as their lyrics are not religion-based.

Not serious? How dare you! :) Its a perfectly usable name as it can be shortened into Tanowt as in Tan-owt. Sounds a bit Yorkshire but otherwise...:p

Mike.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Then alter it slightly...

Triumph and Necessity of Winter's Trangression

Or something.

Nocturnal is always a good word too.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Crypt.

Grrrr..

Next person who wants to post trolling comments in spite of the previous warning will find their access to Rock & Metal removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Blight.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SDooM wrote: »
    Triumph and Necessity of Winter's Trangression

Too long, just go with Winter's Transgression instead or something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

To expand on my previous post (since deleted by mods).

Surely the name of a band should be a creative representation of the band, their members and their style of music. Surely with their own creative energy they should be able to come up with a suitable name. A name generated by an online poll will never do them justice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Darkest Before Dawn

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Bluefoam wrote: »

Surely the name of a band should be a creative representation of the band, their members and their style of music. Surely with their own creative energy they should be able to come up with a suitable name. A name generated by an online poll will never do them justice...

While this could be seen as true as with anyone I'm sure they're having abit of a mind blank and as such if people suggest names its helpful to them as they may see a name that they feel speaks to them,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

One I've always wanted to use.... "Arterial Spray"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Bluefoam wrote: »

To expand on my previous post (since deleted by mods, who also infracted me).

You could try spelling words backwards. You can use any word you like, as you cannot copyright a word if it's spelled backwards. Names, places...anything. You might end up with something Tolkienesque too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dont think they'll go for this but,how about DEAD PRIESTS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭bing3

GERMANDER SPEEDWELL

Its an Irish wildflower so probably not the idea they are trying to project but I reckon it has a good ring to it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Timans wrote: »
    Crypt.

Grrrr..

How bout "Frozen Crypt"??? Or "Blackened Crypt"?? Something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Bit of advice: google the name you pick, to ensure there isn't another metal band with the same name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 @lantis

My friends are in a black metal band but have a rubbish name and need a new one. Any suggestions? Their lyrics are a mixture of two things: the triumph and necessity of the dark side, and kind of winter glorification type stuff like Immortal.

Do tell what the band is/was called...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Dark Horizon!

My old band... :P

Advertisement