Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stupid Questions

Options
  • 27-07-2008 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭

I'm doing my test for the second time tomorrow and I've some stupid questions.

1: How is driving with youre windows down viewed?

My car has nothing like air conditioning so I'll definitely have to drive with the windows down if the weather lately is anything to go by. I'd assume its grand since were allowed to drive convertables etc but just to make sure.

2: What would be accelerating too fast?

I failed mostly for not making progress last time so I've worked on building up my speed a lot quicker (I got two grade 2s on the straight :eek:) but is there a fine line between normal acceleration and being too agressive? I'd never spare the accelerator on an open road with some speed to make up but I'm not dropping gears and revving the sh1te out of the engine either. Its a hard one to describe but does that sound reasonable enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

eoin5 wrote: »
    1: How is driving with youre windows down viewed?
    There is generally no problem with it but, if it's raining, don't allow the examiner to get wet. The examiners will generally control their own window anyway.
    eoin5 wrote:
    2: What would be accelerating too fast?
    Do it smoothly and with progression but don't allow the examiner to be thrown about and certainly don't allow the wheels to spin or squeal on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

There is generally no problem with it but, if it's raining, don't allow the examiner to get wet. The examiners will generally control their own window anyway.

Do it smoothly and with progression but don't allow the examiner to be thrown about and certainly don't allow the wheels to spin or squeal on the road.

Thanks, I was too embarassed to ask my instructor those things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Whatever makes you comfortable to drive is allowed (within reason I suppose!). You're permitted to wear sunglasses too, and I think you can bring a bottle of water along too (wouldn't advise it though - with the nerves and all! :p)

Advertisement