Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Eircom 1MB Broadband

Options
  • 27-07-2008 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Im thinking about upgrading my Eircom 1mb broadband to 2mb or 3,im not sure,but i was just wondering if it going to be a simple procedure(as in one phone) or just an annoyance(getting a new router,etc) to upgrade?

Can anyone fill me inon the details?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Its just a matter of making a fone call, but make sure your line is capable of more than 1meg before that, log in2 your router, 192.168.1.254 if its a Netopia --> expert mode --> Statistics --> dsl and post your dsl stats here.

You are aware that there will not be a 2meg package for much longer as they are in the middle of speed increases, 2meg is being upgraded to 3meg and 3meg to 7.6meg if the line is capable of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Yeah im aware of that,3mb to 7.6 meg sounds mighty fine!

Line State Up
    Modulation DMT
    Data Path Interleave
    Downstream Upstream
    Max Allowed Speed (kbps)
    1024 128
    SN Margin (dB) 26.50 24.00
    Line Attenuation (dB) 10.50 8.00
    CRC Errors 0 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

If those stats are reliable, it's a decent line, you should get around 6 m/bit on adsl 1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Your on a good line

Link to ADSL calculator: http://212.23.23.177/adsl/default.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

so,all in all,One phone call to eircom and my BB goes from 1mb to 2mb(3 after upgrade)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

That line will handle the full upgrade without a lot of room but it will manage it. Any unlikely issues would be solved with a better modem methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Pog, attachment doesn't work anymore?

Advertisement