Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking the 255 character limit with a secure macro frame

Options
  • 27-07-2008 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I created the following file GSHB.toc which resides in /interface/addons/GSHB:
    ## Interface: 20400
    ## Title: GSHB
    ## Notes: Extended macro
    ## Author: laeg
    ## eMail: laeg.hax@gmail.com 
    ## Version: 1.0
    ## DefaultState: enabled
    GSHB.xml

Accompanying GSHB.toc in /interface/addons/GSHB is GSHB.xml which contains the following code:
    <Button name="GSHB" inherits="SecureActionButtonTemplate" virtual="true">

<Scripts>

<OnClick>

SecureActionButton_OnClick(self, button);

GSHB:SetAttribute("type", "macro");
                    GSHB:SetAttribute("macrotext", [[
                    #showtooltip
                    /startattack
                    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
                    /use [combat] 14
                    /use [combat] item:25633
                    /use [combat] item:25937
                    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
                    /castrandom [nomod] Ghostly Strike, Hemorrhage, Ghostly Strike; [target=mouseover,harm,nodead,mod][harm,nodead] Blind
                    ]]);

</OnClick>

</Scripts>

</Button>

GSHB is as yet not listed under the Addons list on the character selection screen so I would very much appreciate it if somebody could identify the problem for me and also tell me how to access the button in game when it is working correctly, for example will it appear in my macro list, somewhere on my action bar or perhaps in my spellbook?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

In before lock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Well, he's talking about macros and UI scripting in World of Warcraft. Something that is not only legal, but for the most part, is encouraged by Blizzard. So, this isnt being locked. Unless you can point something out to me, that I've missed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Use Supermacro,

An addon that that bypasses the limit, or at least it used to. Don't know if there is an up to date version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Ahhhh my apologies, was tired while posting and thought of "255 character limit" as the level limit in private servers!

Advertisement