Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first piercing

Options
  • 27-07-2008 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭

k i had a thread here around last summer looking on advice for a first piercing and i chickened out :o

i've in my mind to get an industrial piercing in my left ear as i really like the look of it and it's a bit different for a first piercing (well i'll keep telling myself that).

basically looking for advice on what i should be looking out for from the piercing side of things, eg. due to an industrial requiring two piercings should it be done with one or two needles?

looking to get this done sometime over the next week.

cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Cremo wrote: »
    k i had a thread here around last summer looking on advice for a first piercing and i chickened out :o

i've in my mind to get an industrial piercing in my left ear as i really like the look of it and it's a bit different for a first piercing (well i'll keep telling myself that).

basically looking for advice on what i should be looking out for from the piercing side of things, eg. due to an industrial requiring two piercings should it be done with one or two needles?

looking to get this done sometime over the next week.

cheers.
    As the proud owner of 2, (once 3) I may be able to help with this :)

I'm pretty sure they can do it with one or two needles, depending on if you want a bar put in, or two small rings first.

Now, I won't lie, these can be annoying during healing. My first one I got was on my left ear, and I only noticed that night I always sleep on my left side, so you might want to look out for that because it can be a bit nasty sometimes.

The main thing is to give this baby a hell of a lot of TLC because it's going to need it.

I have had my first one done for about two years, even now if I loose an end while sleeping and the bar comes out of one part it will close up fast, unlike say my lip which I can leave open for a month.

Best of luck with it, out of all my piercings that's the one I never ever take out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

is it sleepable on once healed? i dunno if i could get used to sleeping on the right hand side of my head.

i'd be looking for a bar from the get go if possible i dunno two rings would look odd i think.

so you're saying this piercing will close up over an regular night sleep as well :eek: that's frighteningly quick tbh.

is it sleepable on once healed? i dunno if i could get used to sleeping on the right hand side of my head.

i'd be looking for a bar from the get go if possible i dunno two rings would look odd i think.

so you're saying this piercing will close up over an regular night sleep as well :eek: that's frighteningly quick tbh.

Yeah you can still sleep on it no problem, just put your head down gently :p.

Also, if you have long hair another thing to look out for is when you're brushing it in case some hair is wrapped in it and you yank it. D:

And yeah cartilage closes up fairly fast, at my stage I can still push it through but it might be a bit uncomfortable for the next few hours.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

you get used to having the piercing in your ear - what I used to do was curl my arm up and put the ear thats pierced in the gap my arm made, t'was still comfy to sleep on. Also note that if you do decide to get two seperate piercings, they may not heal aligned, making it very awkward later on to keep a bar in them. It will also take a lot of work to heal, every little knock will affect it so invest in some proper sea salt and get soaking :)

ok so for a bar to be properly used the two piercings will need to be done by one needle yeh.

actually actually using some of my grey-matter that actually makes sense.

i know you probably get this all the time here but where'd be the best place for this and i'm assuming it will cost circa 80-100 euro right?

• Advertisement

ok so for a bar to be properly used the two piercings will need to be done by one needle yeh.

actually actually using some of my grey-matter that actually makes sense.

i know you probably get this all the time here but where'd be the best place for this and i'm assuming it will cost circa 80-100 euro right?
    Well, I would go to VPiercing in Dublin aka Inkwell, Mark there is dead sound and if I recall right it's very cheap there for industrials, something like 40-60 euro!

And it's a very good place. Snakebite is also ment to be great although I don't use them myself.

cool i'll head in sometime over the week to get it done, doubt i'll need to make an appointment or anything? totally new to this as you's know :D

cool i'll head in sometime over the week to get it done, doubt i'll need to make an appointment or anything? totally new to this as you's know :D
    Well I have never made an appointment for piercings so you should be fine, although if you go to Vpiercing/Inkwell Mark does tattoos as well so you may have to come back or wait a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, you generally don't have to make piercing appointments, it's usually a matter of just going in and waiting.

cool cheers all, now if i could get up early enough to get into town to get this done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Most places open later tonight, so no excuse! ;):p

finally went and got this done, went to wildcat in stephens green, 60 euro, in out in under 10 minutes. not bad i must say, even got a lolly for my troubles. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

hmm, it may sound a bit basic and not at all cool since the 90s but i really want a nose piercing. just a little stud. only thing i'm afraid of is it heals incorrectly. i had a friend who did it years ago and it went wrong and now shes got a bubble of flesh where it was once, looks like a zit or a pimple. icky. so if i look after it properly what are the chances of that happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

finally went and got this done, went to wildcat in stephens green, 60 euro, in out in under 10 minutes. not bad i must say, even got a lolly for my troubles. :D

Congrats :D I really want my eye brow done, but i cant get it done cos i play rugby :mad:

Advertisement