Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question on uploading video's to youtube

• 27-07-2008 8:25pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A mate have me an SD card with some video's he made with his camera, and wants me to put them on youtube. The quality seems to be a bit crappy, yet the file sizes are huge! 100mg for about 5 mins video. Its in AVI.

Can I perhaps shrink it down before uploading to youtube, is there are more effecient way?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

They're probably uncompressed or very badly compressed. Try using virtualdub and encode it with xvid before uploading to youtube. You should reasonably be able to get 5 minutes of video down to 10-20MB depending on quality. If it's at a low resolution, maybe even 5MB.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

OK tired that, looks pretty complicated. I opened a 20mb file and saved it as an avi, came out at 585mb - obviopusly I'm dong somehting very wrong. Cannot find any xvid option.

Any easier suggestions?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

There are easier video conversion tools than virtualdub (which does take some getting used to), but, to be honest, I haven't used windows in ages. :o (edit: I think xvid4psp will do what you want, but the site is down right this minute).

I'm sure someone else will come along to help you out.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

cool cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

try windows movie maker, its as easy as it gets and is probably already on your pc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Format Factory, free and simple to use, converts to just about any format. Super MP4 is another one, free and multiple formats supported. Not quite as user friendly, but good none the less.

I convert my vids to .flv before uploading to Youtube. You can pick high or low quality with both of these, and choose resolution too.

Brilliant, cheers guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Poncherello

I made a movie on Windows Movie maker with about 150 still photos with some background music. The file size is 850 MB is it realistic to upload this to Youtube using the above advice ?

Thanjks

I forgot about this... I did as the lads said above and used Windows Movie Maker, worked grand... You can chose the quality it outputs to to make it small. Here is the tune if you are interested:

You probably won't like it but it has good memories for me...

Format Factory is brilliant for any converting etc

Advertisement