Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

RSA at roadblock?

Options
  • 27-07-2008 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

My neighbour was halted at a roadblock in North Sligo.
    He said that those stopping him were Gardai, Customs AND people in Road Safety Authority jackets.
    He did not know what the RSA peole were there for. I have not heard of this before: anyone know why RSA staff would be at a roadblock? (I emailed them but got no answer)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Observing maybe?

Collecting stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

THey could be carrying out a survey, If it was the main donegal - sligo road a lot of bad accidents on that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Presumably your friend was driving a car. The RSA may have been there to inspect trucks, buses etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

The RSA are an advisory body, they have no statutary power to "inspect"

They were probably on a data collection exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Magicman1

I know they're out collecting stats wuite a bit lately. On the subject of road blocks, I had never seen customs on the road but, in the last 2 weeks, I've been stopped and dipped twice. Is it because of the price of diesel that they reckon people are going to chance Agri-Diesel now?

I've a friend of a friend who owns a forecourt and says that he was told by customs to lock the Agri-diesel pump and only sell it to people putting it in the appropriate vehicles or in drums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Essexboy wrote: »
    He did not know what the RSA peole were there for.

Probably job justification. They seem to do little else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Essexboy wrote: »
    My neighbour was halted at a roadblock in North Sligo.
    He said that those stopping him were Gardai, Customs AND people in Road Safety Authority jackets.
    He did not know what the RSA peole were there for. I have not heard of this before: anyone know why RSA staff would be at a roadblock? (I emailed them but got no answer)

I met them once with the gardai in co laois, were doing a quick survey on what people were using that particular road for, cant exactly remember where now but i think they may have been collecting info about a proposed by-pass, also handing out some flyers on road safety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Bit of a long shot.... but any chance he read the jacket wrong and it was the HSA (Health & Safety Authority) as opposed to RSA.

The HSA would often be involved in stops looking for overloaded trucks, incorrect paperwork for Haz goods etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

There there to keep us safe.:D

As soon as they figure out how to do that im sure they'll let us know. :rolleyes:

Advertisement