Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hernia reoccurance

Options
  • 27-07-2008 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭

I've had a hernia since about September of last year. I went to the doctor about it in March or April. It was a confirmed hernia.

On my first consultation with a surgeon it was found I had another hernia on the other side too.

I was operated laprascopically on Weds last for both hernias. The surgery went fine as far as i am aware.

I've just found that there is a lump in my scrotum very similar to the shape and consistency of the hernia that was there before.

The surgical team told me because it had been present for so long it was difficult to return it to its correct position.

I will make a GP appointment tomorrow. What am i likely to be told? Will it need open surgery the next time?

Advertisement