Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

27th Series end (oh noes) thread

Options
  • 27-07-2008 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

So then, quite entertianing but way toooooooooooo rushed, I can only think they didn't get all they wanted from the Britain v Germany filming and filled the gap with Jay Kay.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Defo the best of this series.......I'm not totally convinced about JK's time around the track, a little too convenient me thinks.

The Britain vs Germany was very entertaining though, the one armed sound guy was very funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yeah, seemed to just whoosh by. I agree about the Jay Kay thing ... very convenient!

Oh well ... roll on 28th series!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Anyone know when/what station the german version will be on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Excellent episode, going out on a high to make us come back for the next series ;)

The Japanese cars piece by James May was great! I'd love the chance to drive those machines :) It would be....interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭token56

Best episode of the season by far, very entertaining, loved hammond trying to put the time up for the power lap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Fair play to JayKay.

Britain vs Germany was really entertaining.

Best episode of the season imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

THE STIG IS
    James May!
    :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Tauren wrote: »
    THE STIG IS
    James May!
    :eek::eek::eek:
    He got locked in the cloak room;)

Plug wrote: »
    He got locked in the cloak room;)

i know...i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Best episode in a few seasons TBH, The German thing was good and that car that drove the fastest lap (can't remember what its called) was some piece of kit.

Jay Kay didn't come across to good, a bit full of himself, Staff cars my arse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Enjoyed the episode alright... Is it my imagination or is that Sabine Schmidt bird a bit of alright... ?

A moot point, but I thought it was a little unbalanced to give JK 10 laps and then pick his best one. I thought the new format of the SIARPC was to let them out on 3 practice laps and then time the last lap, and that last lap was your time (regardless of your time in the 3 practice laps).

Muppet Man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Is it my imagination or is that Sabine Schmidt bird a bit of alright... ?

I would :D
    A moot point, but I thought it was a little unbalanced to give JK 10 laps and then pick his best one. I thought the new format of the SIARPC was to let them out on 3 practice laps and then time the last lap, and that last lap was your time (regardless of your time in the 3 practice laps).

Muppet Man

Yep, that's the rules alright. I think they just ran out of guests (maybe a quiet week in the BBC canteen and everyone is on their hols) and had to come up with some BS to .....ahem.....entertain us.

Here's a tip Top Gear..........less entertainment (stupid "celeb" guests).....more cars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Was confused over how jay-kay's lap was done. Really enjoyed the episode.

Sabine, everyone would and she'd drive you home at a million mph after, sweeeeet!
    The english v germans was very good fun. It was good tv, not enough episodes imho. I think they should do at least 10 a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

The TG v the Germans was very funny - the Spitfire entrance, Corporal Clarkson, Bunny Hammond - all had me in stitches :D When Hammond took on the german in the Bowler 4x4 and said the track was 60% tarmac, and thanks to James, 60% gravel - cut to May emptying dirt on to the track a la Great Escape :D
    The bit where the sound guys arm came off was fuppin hilarious!

is that Sabine Schmidt bird a bit of alright... ?

Most definitely - way hotter than VBH ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Well I'd like to see more episodes too. :) However, the logistics of putting together even one episode of Top Gear is huge.

For the challenges (car versus plane, train, skydiver, plane, goat etc) they need to organise all the flights, vaccines (if necessary) get permissions to film in the country they are visiting, film on public transport, film in hotels, airports, train stations.

They also need to organise the cars, plan out the routes each car (train, plane, etc) are going to use. They then need to map out the timings so that the race can be made to look close (this can also be done in editing ;)). They need to organise the logistcs of the challenge vehicles too. Insuring, taxing (if necessary). They need to operate within local law and bye-law. There are the safety concerns to be examined too.

With all that on the go and given the kind of things they do, I'm surprised they get six episodes a season :pac:

In fairness, they said they would be back in the autumn, so we're not going to be waiting that long for new episodes - the same as any other season of TG, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hey big-boy, fancy a quick spin?

post-50-1207086934.jpg

:pac:

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

not the best pic of her.... still do for an auld fwap though.

she looked better this week than last time she was on. I'd say she's a devil in the bedroom

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Sickened it's the last episode. Didnt see that coming.
    So what now for sunday nights at 8pm?
    Must find someone to stalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,331 ✭✭✭positron

It was brilliant alright - loved their address as well, '1961... etc, W.E.1'. :D

And what was that all about James May's 'Indian Car' for the drag race? That was not an Indian car! Or did I hear them wrong?? This would be an Indian car (as they are now owned by Tata ;) ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

startaufstelltung2018kj4.jpg

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=199&g2_serialNumber=2

sabine-schmitz-dmotor.jpg

Note - the other two clowns in the background from last nights show... Did ye see him flip the bird at the hamster as he drove past... cheeky f*&!*r....

Muppet man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Definately the best episode of this series!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Great ep, but im suspicious that clarkson could keep up with sabine in the minis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

When they showed the Top Gear production crew I laughed. Great episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Did clarkson do the 'i went on the internet and i found this last night' haven't seen it yet. Tis on sky plus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He did.

Mike

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that really annoys me :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

barnicles wrote: »
    Did clarkson do the 'i went on the internet and i found this last night' haven't seen it yet. Tis on sky plus

what did he find there?! everyone laughed but the beeb wouldnt show it! :mad:

sabine is a fox alright, but i thaught the funniest bit was richard "the sore winner" hammond! i was in stiches!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

There is a thread about this somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055328195 not that you really get an answer in it either :(

Advertisement