Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

27th Series end (oh noes) thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Great episodde alright but one thing i couldnt help noticing.That Gumpert Apollo that Hammond was driving was the 700bhp version and it was that one that they sent around the track.Hammond had already mentioned that there is a version available with over 800bhp.Surely they should have sent the most powerful version around the track.I know the 700bp one is the fastest car yet but i was a left a bit dissatisfied that the time would have been a little quicker with the most powerful one!!!I'm not even sure a veyron would beat the Gumpert.That was phenomenal through the corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Zonda999 wrote: »
    .I know the 700bp one is the fastest car yet but i was a left a bit dissatisfied that the time would have been a little quicker with the most powerful one!!!I'm not even sure a veyron would beat the Gumpert.That was phenomenal through the corners.

it wouldnt! and buggati know that, it cant corner, which is why the 3 times they have had the veyron it had been flat out races!

Yep.It would be interesting to see at the same time tho!!!Actually on the Gumpert thing, wikipedia tells me that the most powerful 800bhp one is still in development

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gumpert_Apollo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

it wouldnt! and buggati know that, it cant corner, which is why the 3 times they have had the veyron it had been flat out races!

i wonder is that the real reason they don't let them do the lap in it...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Only just got round to wathing the last on there last night, fantastic episode. Would love to see what the Germans do with the editing of their version of it. Or does it prove that Germans do actually have a sense of humor.

As an aside to that, on the ITV coverage of the last German GP they had a short segment where they were asking all the German drivers to tell them a joke and they all just stood about with a blank look on their faces. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Outtakes from the German clip for those that haven't already seen them :

http://www.topgear.com/content/videos/videos/162/chooseconnection.html

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

Repeated Tonight BBC2 8pm. Worth a second watch i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

danniemcq wrote: »
    i wonder is that the real reason they don't let them do the lap in it...

more than likely yeah it is, buggati dont wanna be ambarrassed with what will be a comparitavly slow lap time compared to the big boys up top!

more than likely yeah it is, buggati dont wanna be ambarrassed with what will be a comparitavly slow lap time compared to the big boys up top!

A bugatti only costs a million pounds.aTop gear should buy one!If they got everyone who wanted to see it on the track to pay a pound, we'd have it.We'd have a bit more than a million pounds as well i'd say!I know i'd pay a pound to see it go round the track.And we'd have a share in a bugatti

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Don't know why people are saying this was the best in the series. It was ok, but the race across Japan was by far the best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Enjoyed the episode alright... Is it my imagination or is that Sabine Schmidt bird a bit of alright... ?

A moot point, but I thought it was a little unbalanced to give JK 10 laps and then pick his best one. I thought the new format of the SIARPC was to let them out on 3 practice laps and then time the last lap, and that last lap was your time (regardless of your time in the 3 practice laps).

Muppet Man

And that tosser didn't even lend them his Enzo, nor did he let Richard drive his Miura. I wouldn't let him back on the show. Nick Mason on the other hand is a real car nut! A true legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

There's no way it'd be a slow lap. It might weigh almost 2 tonnes, but it's incredibly fast and not slow around the corners, just look at Tiff testing it. The problem is it might not be at the very top. Should be 1.17.5 at least though.

Biro wrote: »
    And that tosser didn't even lend them his Enzo, nor did he let Richard drive his Miura. I wouldn't let him back on the show. Nick Mason on the other hand is a real car nut! A true legend!

Jezza sorta took the piss out of him in the end, though.I dont think we'll be seeing him again somehow...

Advertisement