Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka T3 Super Varmint

Options
  • 27-07-2008 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Anybody got this rifle or know anything about it.
    Price etc ?
    Any info would be great please.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Somebody ????

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

Given the T3 Tactical is about EUR1300 (Duffy's), I'd say the super varmint won't be far off that given it's much the same rifle. Ardee Sports are the wholesalers, so I'd say most dealers in the country could get you one. If you want a detailed review, there's two T3 reviews on youtube;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGq3hxZPSXg and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIJghuIHbes

There's a few more on the web - ask Mr. Google and he'll show you where they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

I thought the tactical retailed at 1550 from Duffy's.

The super varmint is a "civilianised" version of the tactical. It is available from .204 up to .308.

It has the adjustable cheek piece and picatinny rail off the tactical, but it has the Varmint stainless barrel off the varmint version, as apposed to the black phosphatized barrel off the tactical. Its a 26" barrel I think, and its the one barrel length regardless of calibres.

It should retail between 1200 and 1300, depending on who you ask, with the regular varmint coming in around 1000 to 1100.

The Tactical will be factory threaded, I don't know if the Super Varmints are in this country yet. I know factory threading is an option on the website.

All in all, I would rate them higher than a tactical, even though I have a tactical myself mainly because :-

1. Wider selection of calibres
    2. Longer Barrel 26" as opposed to 24" or 20" on the tactical.
    3. The barrel countour on the Super Varmint is tapered but on the Tactical the barrel gets bulbous at the end. This means if you fit a t8 on the tactical, the Bushing won't fit as there's not one available for it and you must make your own bushing from insulting tape. Its a small problem. Many would argue the contour on the tactical is good for harmonics and therefore accuracy.
    4. Price. Its essentially a tactical action with a varmint barrel for €200 less than a real tactical.

Cheers lads great stuff, seriously thinking of trading the remmy 700 for one have to get it in my hands first though.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I was in Athy yesterday and I got quoted €1700 for the 223 tactical BUT they have a secondhand 223 @€;1300, looks to be in good nick.

• Advertisement

clivej,

€1700! I'd tell him to rev up and f off! I tried to do a deal in there for one and that was the same price I got. I then said about the price of them in Duffys and got a mumbly response.

Now to be fair to griffin and hawe I picked up a new .17HMR CZ for very right money there, but they are way off the mark with the Tactical.

Boc,

A stock remmy 700 will not touch a tactical for pure out of the box accuracy.

Got the super varmint and have to agree with you jonty delighted with it thanks for the advice.
    Cheers.:D

Glad you're happy!! What calibre did you get??

Advertisement