Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What exactly is classed as a "long haul" flight?

Options
  • 27-07-2008 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hey guys!

I was just wondering what exactly is classed as a "long haul" flight?

I know it can vary from airline to airline, just wondering what the general consensus is though?

Just curious cause I'm flying to Dubai from Paris (CDG) in a few weeks time, the flight will be about 6.5 hours, just wondering whether this would be classed as Long Haul or not?

You get complimentary drinks on Long Haul flights with Air France y'see.. :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

OMDB/LFPG seems pretty long haul to me.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I think a flight is considered 'long haul' when it is 7 or more hours in duration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Or anything cross channel in a turbo prop :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Or anything cross channel in a turbo prop :D
    :D
    ronnie3585 wrote: »
    I think a flight is considered 'long haul' when it is 7 or more hours in duration.
    That would exclude some of EI's US flights.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Anything to the left of Shannon, south of the equator and east of the Urals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

robinph wrote: »
    Anything to the left of Shannon, south of the equator and east of the Urals.

Or anything out of Michael O'Learys jurisdiction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

Your flight is a long haul one I'd say OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

Yup, tis indeed!

I did a bit of searching and there were conflicting reports on the ol' interweb, however good ol' Wikipedia came to the rescue, appartently flights to the Middle East with Air france are classed as Medium Haul, buuut.. Dubai is classed as Long Haul!

Yay! The free beverages should make the monotony less, well, erm, monotonous!

Advertisement