Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulse

• 27-07-2008 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi guys,

hope this thread is in right location. I have a question that i cant seem to find answers to on the internet. I was wondering whats the story with the garda pulse system in relaton to garda recruitment? Long story short, i was young and reckless and had 2 sperate incidents when i was 18 and 19. I was cautoned off the guards on both occasions. I know form the second time when I was in the station that its all recorded on pulse because the guard showed me. I currently work in the public sector but was very interested in applying for the guards. In applying for the guards, do they look at my 'pulse record' or what way does it work?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭the locust

The PULSE system will definitely be checked theres no way around that, but it just depends on what the two incidents were for
    i.e. how serious they were and how long ago etc...
    I suppose it also depends on the Sgt processing you.

I wouldn't pretend they aren't there, just be up front and honest when asked about the two incidents and explain your position and regret etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

+ 1 be honest with your past or you will be caught out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Similar situation, 18 now and interested in becoming a member; although I won't be signing up till I am around 20-21. Want too become a bit more mature and too get rid of any question like in it for the power etc... Plus want to get a few courses under the belt.

But I feel I may have thrown this idea out the window already. I have PM'ed a few people on here, and I know two members, one of which I have asked, second one I did not really ask as he is not in it too long so I don't think he would care/know !

Anyway, I done what I did. And have come to terms that I done it and all that, my own fault. And yes I know it was very stupid before people come out and tell me, could have killed an innocent person or myself. And I thank god, I did not, and if you ever think of Drinking and Driving, just do not do it. Cause you may have to learn the hard way, IE nearly killing people or yourself.

Anyway. Hear it is; in it's PM form l

I was arrested when I was 16 for dangerous driving, crashed my dads car. At the time I was drunk had no license and all the rest.

I had never been arrested before, since then I have changed, finished have my school leaving cert, I have a job and oddly now have a full license which is clean and my own car. And rarely drink. I'm 18 now.

Now, I have though about it, and always was interested in joining the garda. But I don't know if my past will go against me, I think the arrest was put on record; could you tell me, how you would see my chances of joining and becoming a member are too you.

I have two friends who are garda, and one has said that he thinks it wouldnt be a problem. But is not 100%.

Thanks.

Dave.

Just to add some information, I was giving a caution and referred to Juvenile Liaison Officer, By the DPP, I think ?

So, there ya go that's the lot of my past.

How would you say the Sargent would take too seeing/hearing this cause I would say it too him face to face rather that him seen it on a computer screen. And rather know what I am talking about when it comes up. So what do you guys think ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ta moko

msg11 wrote: »
    Similar situation, 18 now and interested in becoming a member; although I won't be signing up till I am around 20-21. Want too become a bit more mature and too get rid of any question like in it for the power etc... Plus want to get a few courses under the belt.

But I feel I may have thrown this idea out the window already. I have PM'ed a few people on here, and I know two members, one of which I have asked, second one I did not really ask as he is not in it too long so I don't think he would care/know !

Anyway, I done what I did. And have come to terms that I done it and all that, my own fault. And yes I know it was very stupid before people come out and tell me, could have killed an innocent person or myself. And I thank god, I did not, and if you ever think of Drinking and Driving, just do not do it. Cause you may have to learn the hard way, IE nearly killing people or yourself.

Anyway. Hear it is; in it's PM form l

I was arrested when I was 16 for dangerous driving, crashed my dads car. At the time I was drunk had no license and all the rest.

I had never been arrested before, since then I have changed, finished have my school leaving cert, I have a job and oddly now have a full license which is clean and my own car. And rarely drink. I'm 18 now.

Now, I have though about it, and always was interested in joining the garda. But I don't know if my past will go against me, I think the arrest was put on record; could you tell me, how you would see my chances of joining and becoming a member are too you.

I have two friends who are garda, and one has said that he thinks it wouldnt be a problem. But is not 100%.

Thanks.

Dave.

Just to add some information, I was giving a caution and referred to Juvenile Liaison Officer, By the DPP, I think ?

So, there ya go that's the lot of my past.

How would you say the Sargent would take too seeing/hearing this cause I would say it too him face to face rather that him seen it on a computer screen. And rather know what I am talking about when it comes up. So what do you guys think ?

All you can do is be honest They will respect that and will be able to tell if yu are genuine about it.

Good luck

Advertisement