Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quaker Parrots in Dublin?

Options
  • 27-07-2008 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Are these birds available anywhere in dublin? And if so , where?

Any advice would be much appreciated :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Haven't seen them around although do be careful there are some dodgy birdy type people so just to be careful who you are dealing with.

Monk parakeets are lovely birds their nests are fantastic. They need an awful lot of attention as much as you would give a house dog ie if just having one bird as a pet. Very clever beautiful birds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Moonmutt

So is there anywhere in particular I should avoid, and anywhere you'd recommend?

There are none. I was looking for a friend last year and couldnt find any.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

You could try uk forums for more information tailfeathers is a good one they might able to recommend an alternative bird as a pet.
    Won't name names but there are two places I vistited and was not happy with one was in Co Wicklow the other in Ballymoreustace area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭AngelicRaindrop

i bought my 1st parrot from a petshop and i really was not one bit happy, i went to a wholesaler in wexford after that, completely trust him when it came to birds, i know he can get in quakers hand reared and avairy bred but might be down a bit too far for ya

• Advertisement
Advertisement