Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sonny Bill Williams quits League for Union?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

zAbbo wrote: »
    Do you think he's in a with a shout at an AB jersey?, wouldn't he have to return back to NZ and sign a capped wage contract there?

I've not really been following the story, maybe I've missed something

I don know, the guy's got to prove he has what it takes to make it in union first. That done though, I reckon that the NZRU is going have to reassess its policy on national selection, and if that happens he's got as good a chance as any....
    juvenal wrote:
    What a thick. . . no place in the game for that sort of shíte.

As regards the tackle...great hit, nothing wrong with it from an RL perspective, cant see why that's illegal in union...and obviously it was an instinctual reflex thing on SBW's part...he'll soon learn to half- tackle with lesser ferocity/efficacy for union..;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

toomevara wrote: »
    As regards the tackle...great hit, nothing wrong with it from an RL perspective, cant see why that's illegal in union...and obviously it was an instinctual reflex thing on SBW's part...he'll soon learn to half- tackle with more skill lesser ferocity/efficacy for union..;)

Fixed that for ya! ;)

Personally I'm not a fan of that type of tackling at all. I understand it's a League thing, but to me there's far less skill in shoulder-charging or body-checking someone, especially if you blindside them.

I've no interest in watching a bunch of meatheads try and out macho each other, but that's just my opinon. The NFL can keep that spectacle. :D I just don't like league, and although I did watch a fair bit of NRL down in Oz and can appreciate it, I don't find it particularly enthralling apart from the odd well-worked try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

zAbbo wrote: »
    Do you think he's in a with a shout at an AB jersey?, wouldn't he have to return back to NZ and sign a capped wage contract there?

I've not really been following the story, maybe I've missed something

Was thinking last night this last night. Toulon are in the EC and if im not mistaken so are Sale. If SBW gets the 12 shirt which i think he will he could possibly play against Mccalister at 12 for Sale then we'd find out who would NZ's best option for 12 would be for the future.

Ill put my neck out here and say he ll have some year and somehow get credited as the best player by the this time next year.......or it could go horriblely wrong and he ends up in jail :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

juvenal wrote: »
    Fixed that for ya! ;)

How could I have been so blind! ta....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

Worrytahs wrote: »
    Shoulder charges aren't illegal in rugby league.

To the head, they are illegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

There's no skill involved in a shoulder charge. You see eejits on any main street in the country, at closing time, doing shoulder charges.

Right SBW is playing now number 21

Stream is here http://www.justin.tv/chrizzzie

30 seconds into the 2nd half and into his top14 debut and he scores :P

Advertisement