Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pacific islands children story book from way back

Options
  • 27-07-2008 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hiyez,

There was this book I got my hands on when I was about 11 back in the late 70's, when actually I had moved on from kid's stuff, but anyway, I got hold of this book more geared towards 8/9 year olds (i.e. younger), and it was quite engrossing (must have been seeing how uncool it is to read a an 8-year old's book when you're 11): they were simple Pacific Story Tales, about kids ion the Pacific Islands and the spirits that form their religion over there.

I was looking for it again, and the reason I ask for something so esoteric here, is that it was actually a schoolbook, and if anybody remembers a thing like that. I think it may have been something I got in the begining of some school year, but that then was dropped fro the course.

I expect they were folktales. There was a certain spirit to them, not dissimilar to let's say , RedIndian folktales, that has always stayed in my head.

Would anyone here have the foggiest clue? No worries, if not. Probably if I find them I'll think they're not so good.

I think what I may do is also some googling ....

Cheers!

Advertisement