Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

remedies to sleep

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

+1 to lavender and meditation. Try use real lavender though. I have a little lavender plant in my garden and snip off a few stems and slip it under between the pillow and case - lie direcly on it.

Meditation cds are deadly......

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,917 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

A nice cup of horlicks (seriously, tasty and makes you sleepy), an electric blanket to warm the bed, and lavender on the bed linen.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

valerian root you can get it in health shops,try and get the capsules rather than the liquid dropper,it tastes way better,it really works

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

valerian root you can get it in health shops,try and get the capsules rather than the dropper,it tastes way better,it really works

sorry but i don't take tablets i'm afraid. find it very hard to take them so only take them when i'm seriously seriously sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I just found a lavendar plant in my garden. I also find it hard to sleep sometimes even though I'm exhausted. I'm just the kind of person that finds it hard to switch off.

What can I do with fresh lavendar? Do people just crumble it up and smell it or can you put it in old tights or something to freshen up your drawers?

Now that I have ready access to lavendar I'd like to do something with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

mollybird wrote: »
    sorry but i don't take tablets i'm afraid. find it very hard to take them so only take them when i'm seriously seriously sick.

said above you can get it in dropper form too ie liquid into a drink.
    a mate swears by it,and theyre an insomniac,they also use melatonin other times,again all natural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 RU4REAL

So sorry your finding it difficult to sleep. Its so frustrating...

Heres my tips (i've had insomnia before, and this is what I've come up with)

1. Go for a walk or do some light exersise around 8pm (if ur goin 2 sleep ~11)

2. Remove caffeine from your diet - use decaf tea & coffee, or if this is too tough, just have your last cuppa caffeine around 4pm.

3. Lavender on your pillow is great. I dot one drop either side.

4. Make sure your room is well ventillated. Open your window during the day or for an hour or so before bedtime.

5. Before bedtime, write a list of what you need to do tomorrow; a list of any problems you may face and how you will deal with them; and also what you are looking forward to tomorrow.

6. If you are finding it really difficult to nod off after an hour or so, I always change beds (if poss). So make sure your spare room is ready, curtains closed etc. - this usually does the trick for me.

Hope this helps! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

well i finally got my lavender drops finally. so lets hope they work

Advertisement