Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you SATISFIED with your Mac??? Yes or No... and WHY??

Options
  • 28-07-2008 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Just my a guide to person who searching 'Why I need Mac rather than Microsoft Windows machine????

Mine :

iMac 20" (MB324B)- 2.66GHz Intel CoreDuo - 2GB RAM - 320GB HDD - ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB - Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard (includes Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools) - iLife ’08 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand)

Own since July 2008...

SATISFIED!!! OS X Leopard10.5 much-much-much better than Vista... This iMac, my god super fast computer, great response for multi-task, less than a minute Startup or shut down (even lots of program still running)... And very beautiful machine ever...

erie

Are you SATISFIED with your Mac??? 142 votes

YES...
    0% 0 votes
    NO....
    100% 142 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

2.4Ghz Macbook since January. It was my first, the first of many hopefully. After years of using PCs I can confidently say I will never go back.

It just works!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

1) Mac Mini 1.66Ghz Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 60GB HDD, Intel GMA 950 graphics now running Leopard 10.5.3 - first Mac I got, have had it for a couple of years now.

2) MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, Nvidia 8600M GT 256MB graphics card running Leopard 10.5.3 - have it for about a month or so.

Satisfied - beautiful OS, nowhere near the amount of annoyances found in Vista, great stability (even when an app crashes, "Force Quit" just works and does not bring the whole OS down with it...)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm a bit confused by the thread title.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭babypink

indeed.....editing now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Does HELL YA! suffice as an answer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

440Hz wrote: »

HELL NO !!! :D

More Macs than I can count just now but I find trying to do even simple things with Windows XP (Don't get me started on Vista !!) is a chore. Time Machine has been a life saver on several occasions and iSync and iCal are easier than anything I've seen on Windows or Linux.

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

I'd be interested to see what type of mac everyone owns. I'd set up a poll but I've no idea how to do it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

dubmick wrote: »
    I'd be interested to see what type of mac everyone owns. I'd set up a poll but I've no idea how to do it!!

iMac 24" (White)

Black MacBook

MacBook Air

iBook 14" G4

Time Capsule

iPod Touch

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Fairly pleased:

Mac Mini 1.25 G4
    Mac Mini 1.83 C2D
    Mac Mini 2 C2D
    MacBook 2.1
    iPod Touch
    iPod 30GB G3
    iPod Shuffle 1Gb G1
    12" PB G4 1GHz just given to Mammy to encourage her to the bright side.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Im very happy with mine.

Lets be honest though OP, the poll is going to be very biased given its in the Mac forum! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

440Hz wrote: »
    +1

I've got 2 Macs:

iMac C2D 2GHz
    iBook G4 1GHz (soon to be replaced with a Macbook)

PowerMac Dual G5 2GHz
    MacBook Pro 15" CD 1.83GHz
    PowerBook G4 17" 1GHz
    iBook G3 600MHz
    iBook G4 1GHz
    eMac G4 800MHz
    PowerMac G4 1.2GHz
    PowerMac G4 Dual 450MHz
    PowerMac Cube G4 450MHz
    HackPro C2D 2.56GHz - 8GB :cool: ssshhhh
    iPod Touch 8GB
    iPod Nano 2GB
    iPod Shuffle 1GB
    Mighty Mouse Wireless/Wired X2
    Airport Base Station "b"
    Airport Extreme Base Station "b,g"

All the above are fully working !!

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Definately satisfied with my mac!

I have a 15" MacBook Pro. 2.33 GHz, Core 2 Duo. 2 GB RAM.
    Leopard is excellent and Time Machine is a life saver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭chalad07

Def happy with mine,

I've yet to meet someone who's regretted making the swith from PC to Mac.

The one bad thing: I hate working on my work PC now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Definitly happy with the MacBook. I've got the following Apple gear:

MacBook
    iPod Mini (my first ever Apple device)
    iPod 80GB 5.5G(Best iPod ever and becoming quite rare)
    iPod Touch 8GB.

My collection is quite small but I hope to build on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

MBP
    Touch
    MAc Mini
    Time Capsule 1TB

all smashing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Yeah, most def, why you ask?
    As somebody already stated, the thing works, you press the power button 30 seconds later your machine is ready to use, the dell laptops in work running vista, takes nearly 2minutes to start up, then when it starts its not really ready , sure you can see the desktop, but can i open an application?! NO!!

With 2gb of memory you feel the power in a mac, a pc you don't. The programs are easy to use, my GF was terrified she wouldn't be able to use the mac when i said i had ordered one, she now can't put it down! She has adapted really well considering she is blonde!!! Only kidding can't imagine you'll have too many -tive replies :D

macbook white 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2GB memory
    160GB hard drive
    super drive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Happy out with my collection, my Windoze PC is gathering dust here.

Mac Pro 2.66Ghz Quad. 10Gb Ram 3Tb HDD
    MacBook Pro 15in 2.5Ghz 4Gb Ram
    iMac G4 15in 800Mhz Leopard!!
    PowerMac G4 Dual 800MHz coming soon!
    Mac Mini 1.83Ghz (Media Centre 1)
    Mac Mini 1.66Ghz (Media Centre 2)
    Apple TV
    iPhone 3G 16Gb
    Nano 8Gb with Nike+ iPod
    Airport Extreme Base Station Gigabit N

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭erie

I'm planning to get Macbook Pro for my wife... and soon iPhone 3G...

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭eddyc

Yes I'm very happy,

My first 'Mac' experience was actually a cracked version of Tiger that I installed on my Dell 8300 to see what all the fuss was about.

Since then I have bought a Macbook Pro and an iPhone 3G.

The Macbook Pro is the best computer I have ever used, the hardware is excellent just for the sheer attention to detail that goes into its design, and it does look great, every other laptop looks and feels tacky compared to it.

On the other hand I'm a little underwhelmed by the 3G, it is an absolutely amazing phone but the software crashes and the broken VPN implementation are pretty annoying, I am waiting patiently for 2.1.

The best thing about the Mac though in my opinion is the software people write for the platform, programs like Quicksilver, Coda, The Omni Group stuff is all amazing. The integration of things in the OS is very good aswell, it just feels very consistent unlike Windows and Linux.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

You guys are all just fanboys. Macs suck. They only have one mouse button and are toys. Why would i want to pay $$$ for a computer that can't access the internet or print or run microsoft or word? And i heard they crash all the time and have no start menu or windows key on the keyboard. And i don't like steve jobs' turtleneck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Breezer wrote: »
    You guys are all just fanboys. Macs suck. They only have one mouse button and are toys. Why would i want to pay $$$ for a computer that can't access the internet or print or run microsoft or word? And i heard they crash all the time and have no start menu or windows key on the keyboard. And i don't like steve jobs' turtleneck.
    Don't knock it 'til you try it and all that :D

Currently have:
    MacBook Pro
    iPod Touch

Really like both. Was booting into Windows just to sync my iPod (Linux user). Now I use OS X as primary OS and virtualise Linux. Best of both worlds! Just love how everything integrates so well. Was costly but well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Things I love about my imac:

1 We're three months into our relationship and I still think she looks great
    2 She's does everything for me without complaining. No crashing when I run multiple apps, no stuttering when I convert multiple movies files etc
    3 I love her friends eg Pages, Omnioutliner, Quicksilver

Things that annoy me about my imac:

1 Considering how much she whined at me to make the switch, moving all my files and data from my Windows PC was not easy.
    2 She's no fun. I can't play games with her. Please don't suggest Bootcamp. Windows is cheating.
    3 She's financially demanding. She wants EUR80 alone for MobileMe? Who is she kidding?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

ethernet wrote: »
    Don't knock it 'til you try it and all that :D
    I have tried turtlenecks, they're very warm and uncomfortable.

Sorry, I had to do it, the thread was getting very boring with everyone just shouting about how great Macs are :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Breezer wrote: »

Zune Tang is that you? Welcome to Boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

I'm happy with my machine, I just wish I had more use for it. I still use my Pc as the one button thing is totally rubbish, the screen is bigger and my photoshop runs better.. also has more memory and I can play games.

that said the mac is good for somethings like video and portability. I just dont see the big deal in the end. Sure its stable and good but until more people use it it wont be as great as it could be. In addition they are extremely over priced in terms of the hardware you get. Apple really should relese the os on a cd available to put onto windows machines as they would make TONNES of money.

edit this is a hell yes as I do love my mac, I just wish i used it more. When my pc explodes I wont be buying a Windows:Aids edition PC it will be mac all the way. So yes, just not a fanboy yes !

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭muggyog

This poll is kind of pointless in the Mac section since most likely to be viewed by us Mac lovers!

The one button mouse problem is also a red herring since if that is an issue just buy a two button one.

Yes I'm very happy with all the Macs i've had over the years ( Two working Mac Classics at home ) but am not sure how the 'Intel' generation will last.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Switched to Mac about 18 months ago, and not looked back. For what I want it for (media, downloads, internet), it's perfect. I've my first child on the way in November, so I'll be using iPhoto and iDVD a lot, and I plan to use MobileMe to host a site for relatives in the States to see pictures.

Currently have an iMac, a Macbook, a broken Macbook (bad CD drive, dead battery but works via mains) and my fantabulous iPhone. The way they work together is amazing. I love being able to have a contact added to my phone be backed up on me.com and my iMac and vice versa.

I got a macbook pro in march and it's fantastic. So much faster/reliable/etc. than my sony vaio.The only things it doesn't do are games and autocad. Other than that it's the business.

• Advertisement

The one button mouse problem is also a red herring since if that is an issue just buy a two button one.
    I still use my Pc as the one button thing is totally rubbish,

ALL desktop Macs are now sold with a 2 button Mighty Mouse. The notebooks I doubt will ever have 2 buttons but may adopt a 2 sided pad
    . . . and my photoshop runs better

All versions of Adobe Creative suite up to CS2 were NOT universal binaries, i.e. they were running under emulation on Intel based Macs which made them sluggish. CS3 fixed this.

ZEN

Advertisement