Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kaka, if this were true

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Was Ronaldinho not offered similar by Man City? Think that was 200k a week. Close enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Ibrahimovis is hardly far off it either. And what is Golden Balls earning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

MOG7 wrote: »
    Ibrahimovis is hardly far off it either. And what is Golden Balls earning?

Beckham's footballing salary is surprisingly little. $6.5million per annum (which my rough head early morning calculations tell me is around $135,000 a week). the bulk of his income is earned through sponsorship/promotional stuff.

Dunphy kept harping on before that Ibrahimovic was on 175k a week. dunno where he go that figure from but he was adamant he's the highest earning in the world :confused:

also the Guardian had more detail on the Kaka crap a few days ago:
    Kaka, the World and European Player of the Year, is likely to become the first £1m-a-month footballer if Chelsea manage to sign the Milan midfielder, who 'is of interest to the club', executives at Stamford Bridge confirmed last night.

The staggering potential salary dwarfs David Beckham's on-field earnings at LA Galaxy and any previous pay for a player anywhere in the world. It would also cause Chelsea's current highest earners to seek their own increase, as would others in the top flight, where it is thought the highest-paid stars currently receive around £130,000 a week.

The 26-year-old, whose representative last week claimed Chelsea had made a €100m bid for him, signed a new deal earlier this year, which by 2013 will earn him a €13m (£10.25m) salary - just less than £1m a month.

'Kaká's contract gives him €9million in its first season and rises by a million euros for each of its five years,' a Milan source told Observer Sport. 'To better that, Chelsea will have to begin at more than £200,000 a week.'

With a similar step arrangement likely, during the course of a five-year deal at Stamford Bridge Kaká would expect to see his wages rise to at least £250,000 a week and he 'has been offered a considerably bigger offer than Milan's', a source close to the player confirmed to Observer Sport

Both clubs have issued official denials that a bid had been made, but are believed to be keen to do business over Kaká. The Italian club are conscious that, with a month of the transfer window remaining, the deal should happen as soon as possible so they would be able to reinvest what would be a sizeable fee in the players needed to rebuild after failing to qualify for the Champions League this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Would Terry & Lampard want that matched?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

zAbbo wrote: »
    Would Terry & Lampard want that matched?

afaik Terry has it in his contract that he has to be the top earner at chelsea, or at least on the same as the top earner, not sure about fat frank....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Terry is on around 150k per week, that would be a huge jump if it did happen.

I know they've a sugar daddy, but buying Kaka would put them further in the red than the 250m they are atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Would be an incredible signing for Chelsea and i wouldnt put the money being quoted to far from what Chelsea would have to pay him.Million a week,sure doesnt Abromavic make that in 30 minutes or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Why is it so important that they make more money than their team mates?

I just dont get it. They get to play soccer for a living and they (most of them) are good at it. They have (or should have) enough money to keep them going for the rest of their life but still they want more.

Sigh....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What is up with that site and its use of the word 'pharaonic'?

BTW, is Kaka really all that good? I mean, how many times better than Ballack is he supposed to be. He's never overly impressed me for Brazil and, while he looks quality in a Milan shirt I can't see how he would make an immense difference to a team like Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

What is up with that site and its use of the word 'pharaonic'?

BTW, is Kaka really all that good? I mean, how many times better than Ballack is he supposed to be. He's never overly impressed me for Brazil and, while he looks quality in a Milan shirt I can't see how he would make an immense difference to a team like Chelsea.

Saw that too... Must've been dictionary.com's word of the day or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Kaka can win you the CL. In the league he is a good player, nothing absolutely amazing. In the CL though if you have a solid defence he can win the game on his own. For Chelsea, that is almost the perfect player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I think David Beckham will make $250m over 5 years, including sponsorship. Which is about $1m a week, if my maths isn't **** (which it is);

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Its entirely possible but boy oh boy what a team (Paper) Chelsea would have then.
    I would pay to watch them (LFC fan).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

PHB wrote: »
    Kaka can win you the CL. In the league he is a good player, nothing absolutely amazing. In the CL though if you have a solid defence he can win the game on his own. For Chelsea, that is almost the perfect player.

He's just like Zizou used to be for Juve. Can be great and tends to produce his best in the big games but he goes missing so often in the away games against the worse teams.

On a side note, this transfer just makes a mockery of what we had regained. We were back to a situation where we could sell players. Gone are the days when Crespo would be let away on loan while we pay his wages. We even got 5 million for Sidwell. If we make it seem like we have that much money to waste people would be insane to pay us for a player of Sidwell's quality again and they won't

Advertisement