Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL 10Mb bband - Speedtest.net shows 2958kb/s D/L speed.... problem?? :-/

Options
  • 28-07-2008 2:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

My knowledge of broadband and bband speeds is good, but not brilliant, so I need some advice!

I have NTL Broadband Express, 10MB. However when I test it on speedtest.net, it says my download speed is 2958kb/s and upload speed is 294 kb/s. That seems really low to me... is there something wrong?

I use a wireless router (Netgear) - could that be partially responsible for the massive difference in download speed?

I've just ordered NTL 20mb broadband... I don't want it to be a waste of money if the actual download speed is gonig to show up at a third of what it should be :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Connect via ethernet and retest for a start,

Advertisement