Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dream about a death in the family

Options
  • 28-07-2008 8:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

I had a horrible dream last night that my brother died. It hit me in more ways than one, one big factor was that I was the only person in the house when I went to bed last night and I was too afraid to get up and check if he was ok when I woke up incase something did actually happen to him.

I am just wondering if this has a meaning. I believe that dreams can have a hidden meaning and I partake in dream interpretation with a friend of mine. I think I heard before that this means he will live a long life, but does anyone know for sure what it could mean? this is the first time I have ever dreampt something like this so I really think it means something

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

First of all, dream interpretation does not mean predicting the future. Dreams can't do that. All they can tell you is how you feel about yourself and situations in your life. People in our dreams are usuallly "composite characters". This means that they don't necessarily represent themselves. They usually have characteristics of other people.

Mostly, people in your dreams represent different aspect of yourself. What do you see in your brother that you also see in yourself? What does he represent about you? Your dream could mean that a part of your personality or your way of thinking is changing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jnthnallen

Ive had a few dreams of people dying and i think we can never really interperet exactly what our dreams mean but i read one thing a few years back thats comforting when you dream of death.It said that to dream of death means a new beginning, So any time i dream of someone dying i always try and relate it do something new they may be doing in their life!! do you know what i mean??

Still dosent take away from the fact that dreaming of death is freaky!!!:p

Advertisement