Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9.5% APR - Clear Card Bank of Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Xcellor wrote: »
    0% Balance Transfer for 6 months and one of the lowest APR (same as Halifax).

Is the Halifax APR not 10.9% ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

mick_irl wrote: »
    Is the Halifax APR not 10.9% ?

When I signed up for Halifax it was at 9.5 ;) I recently discovered it had jumped hence my desire to move elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I have a normal boi c/card, keep it in credit at the moment but will be using up to the limit next 6 months or so. I'm guessing they woudn't be able to *convert* my account to one of these, don't wanna have to pay the E40 govt duty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I have a normal boi c/card, keep it in credit at the moment but will be using up to the limit next 6 months or so. I'm guessing they woudn't be able to *convert* my account to one of these, don't wanna have to pay the E40 govt duty

Says on there site this:
    I am an existing Bank of Ireland credit card customer, can I apply for a Bank of Ireland Clear Credit Card?
    Yes, that's no problem, simply apply online and when asked provide your existing Credit Card details and indicate that you would like to close this card. We will then switch you to a Bank of Ireland Clear Credit Card with its new great rate.

So shouldnt be a prob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

I'd check with them first about changing to a new BOI card and moving the balance on an existing BOI card. I have never heard of a credit card company doing this and also it makes absolutely no business sense for
    them.
    Credit card companies promote balance transfers to get new customers and these customers can be quite profitable to them if they use the card for retail purchases as well as transferring existing balances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

On their site it says existing BoI customers can change, but will not be entitled to the 6 months interest free. I am thinking of switching. I hold a BoI Visa card, and the new card is Mastercard.

Advertisement