Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

lads spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Zzoop

Ha ha - Yeah, I used to have a bebo too, but it got deleted about a year and a half ago.

Mountain Dew. Ohhh yeah! "Now ye're talkin'" - That stuff is great. You know I think you can still buy it up in the Spar in Coleraine Uni.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Creamola Foam was the mutts nuts.

If you think that had E numbers what about flying saucers and best of all MOON DUST!!!!!!!!!

You were totally hardcore if you could put a whole bag in your mouth at once. I could!! ROCK ON!!!!!!

And Texan Bars!!!!
    Galaxy Counters.
    Hubba Bubba

Jesus. Thinking about Hubba Bubba actually makes my jaw hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Does anyone remember visaversa sweets!!!????

I work for SPAR and we dont sell mountain dew, though if you're up early enough you could get a few sips of dew off my car (pat dew)

The best sweets were the kindereggs whenever they contained small parts.

To PappaYankeeGirl : It was about 4/5 years ago when I saw them in the Spar. Please put a word in for you manager to restock them. Although.. the only way I'd be up early enough for the dew on your car - is if I stayed over the night before.. OW! Giggidy giggidy.. Ha ha!

Does anyone remember visaversa sweets!!!????

I work for SPAR and we dont sell mountain dew, though if you're up early enough you could get a few sips of dew off my car (pat dew)

I remember those!! the white ones were dark on the inside and the dark ones were white on the inside!
    Mountain Dew - you can get it everyone in America.
    God I love NY, I'd love to go back - if I get in I might treat myself to a wee weekend there!!!

Pacers and Spangles, anyone remember those?

Zzoop wrote: »
    The best sweets were the kindereggs whenever they contained small parts.

To PappaYankeeGirl : It was about 4/5 years ago when I saw them in the Spar. Please put a word in for you manager to restock them. Although.. the only way I'd be up early enough for the dew on your car - is if I stayed over the night before.. OW! Giggidy giggidy.. Ha ha!

Ok quaigmire.:D

Il ring Mr Henderson himself tomorrow and request mountain dew.

I remember those!! the white ones were dark on the inside and the dark ones were white on the inside!
    Mountain Dew - you can get it everyone in America.
    God I love NY, I'd love to go back - if I get in I might treat myself to a wee weekend there!!!

Pacers and Spangles, anyone remember those?

Those are the ones im on about hun, there were like minstrels!!!:D

Mum said she read in the paper about a month ago that spangles are coming back.:eek::cool:

Spangles were awesome. They seriously need to bring back Moondust though. That put hairs on your chest. I'm still shaving mine to this day!:eek:

What were spangles? Was moondust like sour/fizzy/sweet powdery stuff in long tubes? Blue, yellow and pink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

Im an 80's chick too (born in 1989 is what im getting at, oh im a wee baby yet)

yeoooooo best year in the world. i thought you was about 40+ odds or something, like MGH!

smyff wrote: »
    i thought you was about 40+ odds or something, like MGH!
    I've gone right off you!!! I'm 36!!!!!!!!! AND I dont look it.( so I'm told on a fairly regular basis!!!)

lmao sorrrryyy. i was only sleggin!!! :(

I shall have to take you in hand and give you a good spank you young whippersnapper!!!:eek:

yeoooooo best year in the world. i thought you was about 40+ odds or something, like MGH!

Awh jaysus thanks. My mum is only blooming 40!!!! Im mature beyond my years. And MGH is a fine specimen of a woman. She is beautiful (im not a lesbian). She looks 28/29!!!

1989 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:D

And MGH is a fine specimen of a woman. She is beautiful (im not a lesbian). She looks 28/29!!!
    Thanks hun!!!:D

...is that size 28/29..

Daayyyyyummmm guuuurl.

When MGH reads that you are getting your a$$ kicked mate.

Age 28/29. DUH!!!!!!!!!

PS- MGH has a rocking bod!!!

Awh jaysus thanks. My mum is only blooming 40!!!! Im mature beyond my years. And MGH is a fine specimen of a woman. She is beautiful (im not a lesbian). She looks 28/29!!!

1989 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:D

hahaha

i think you may have a secret admirer MGH!!!

have you all met in person!??! it sounds like you have!!!

hahaha

i think you may have a secret admirer MGH!!!

have you all met in person!??! it sounds like you have!!!

She admires me just as much!! LOL :P. You see secretly deep down she wants to be just like me.;):D:p:cool::rolleyes:

Yeah some of us lot have met. MGH and my good self have become good friends.:)

She admires me just as much!! LOL :P. You see secretly deep down she wants to be just like me.;):D:p:cool::rolleyes:

Yeah some of us lot have met. MGH and my good self have become good friends.:)

PYG my sista!!!!!!!!
    And she is also be-yoo-tiful.
    Me loves her lots. But not in a lesbian way. :p

All il say is you must have had your beer goggles on that night!!

Love ya:)

haha you lot are insane in the membrane!!! next time theres a big night out let me know, if the lads are invited. you are discussing it here after all haha

All il say is you must have had your beer goggles on that night!!

Love ya:)

Vodka and Red Bull goggles LOL
    Couldnt see the end of my nose by the end of the night - hammered!!:p
    Not getting THAT drunk next time...

We are getting drunker. I wasnt drunk enough. I didnt want to go home that night (....morning as it was well after 4am, and we had been out since 7pm). JVB and his sneaky shots for the girls only.

haha, i hope you meant to say double vodka red bulls :)

One day a PSNI Road Policing Officer was giving us a talk on road safety etc etc and he had 'beer goggles' with him for us to wear. They simulated what your eyesight would be like if you were over the limit to drive. He made us walk around and we walked into everything.

hahahahhahahaha

id love to try that. the only thing is that you dont get the euphoric feeling of being on the razzel all night!!!

Na you dont get that. Nor the 'falling onto the toilet' feeling either. We we all like 16 at that time and had to pretend we had never had alcohol before. They let us use the speed gun, breathaliser (cant spell), and dress up in P.O gear. Oh the fun.

The only dress-up thing we got in school was a 1994 P5 trip to Scrabo Tower. Some guy wawped out a chest with all armour and stuff in it - so you got the chance to dress up as Knights and all.

When I say, "got the chance" - that's because you had to be picked. - I didn't get picked. The bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

The only dress-up thing we got in school was a 1994 P5 trip to Scrabo Tower. Some guy wawped out a chest with all armour and stuff in it - so you got the chance to dress up as Knights and all.

When I say, "got the chance" - that's because you had to be picked. - I didn't get picked. The bastards.

I went to Ballykinler with school. Full camo gear and a trip to the rifle range.

The firearms instructor introduced us to the SA80 Assault Rifle. He said it was a piece of crap and if any of us wanted to use decent weapons, join the police, as they were far better equipped.

It was a great day, capped off when some twat managed to get a spent rifle cartridge stuck to his face (left-handed people should never fire a rifle designed for right-handed people). :D

carlty888 wrote: »
    I went to Ballykinler with school. Full camo gear and a trip to the rifle range.

The firearms instructor introduced us to the SA80 Assault Rifle. He said it was a piece of crap and if any of us wanted to use decent weapons, join the police, as they were far better equipped.

It was a great day, capped off when some twat managed to get a spent rifle cartridge stuck to his face (left-handed people should never fire a rifle designed for right-handed people). :D

I like those Enfield Rifles. They're more manly than the MP5s the Cops use. Grrr! Bigger Bullets!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

I like those Enfield Rifles. They're more manly than the MP5s the Cops use. Grrr! Bigger Bullets!

Hmmmmm....... Old school! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭MrAnderson

carlty888 wrote: »
    capped off when some twat managed to get a spent rifle cartridge stuck to his face (left-handed people should never fire a rifle designed for right-handed people). :D

Haha, this reminds me of all the YouTube vids involving some unsuspecting lady (slightly sozzled) and a Magnum.....laugh out loud fun everytime ;)

Do you think Consensia would get the list out quicker if we all picketed their offices??

(Disclaimer: I'm not actually considering doing this!!)