Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teh feminisation of man!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Men in Pink shirts are a defo 'no no' in my book and gives me the all clear for the slagging of the poor bloke.

But honestly most men could do with a practical course in hygiene let alone extra preening.

Oh by the way James Bond order a Mojito in Die Another Day
    Pure symbol of male dome in my book - give it to me shaken and stirred baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭CheapStuff

is feminisation directly linked to the irish mothering experienced by most males in Ireland?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Dudess wrote: »
    Are you the above man? If so, I kan haz marriage plzthx?
    :) Some bits maybe, but Nope. it's a goal.
    Earthhorse wrote:
    And women should look pretty.

*dusts hands*
    It wasn't a thread about women. Most of the above would go for women too. Emotional consistency may be a bridge too far though.... :)
    Zulu wrote:
    I don't believe a man is anything but himself
    That's too pat an answer. So a guy who is ignoble, over emotional, petty, spineless and disloyal would be still a man if he was just being himself?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

CheapStuff wrote: »
    is feminisation directly linked to the irish mothering experienced by most males in Ireland?

no but i think it explains why so many guys are pussy whipped.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

LouOB wrote: »
    Men in Pink shirts are a defo 'no no' in my book and gives me the all clear for the slagging of the poor bloke.
    Pink is only relatively recently a feminine colour though. That's fashion mostly. Some of the hardest men in history wore skirts so....

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

CheapStuff wrote: »

No. Mothering leads to men who can't tie their own shoe laces.

Feminisation leads to men opting for sandals.

The difference is subtle but present. :pac:

Dragan wrote: »
    No. Mothering leads to men who can't tie their own shoe laces.

The difference is subtle but present. :pac:
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Wibbs wrote: »
    Pink is only relatively recently a feminine colour though. That's fashion mostly. Some of the hardest men in history wore skirts so....
    Hey just IMO
    BF came home with a 'pink' polo shirt
    he never wore it as its grounds for war in my book

You cannot masculine PINK
    True its just a colour - but also a source of weakness
    If you wear it be prepared for the consequences :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭token56

They also ran through nettles without any underware so I count them as real men

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

In fairness, regardless of the colour you should end it with anyone who comes home wearing a polo shirt.
    Dragan wrote:

Jesus wore sandals (allegedly) and he was a double-hard, nails-through-the-wrists bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

It wasn't a thread about women. Most of the above would go for women too. Emotional consistency may be a bridge too far though.... :)

So not only do you not think women are pretty but that they're emotionally inconsistent? And to think they let you mod PI.
    That's too pat an answer. So a guy who is ignoble, over emotional, petty, spineless and disloyal would be still a man if he was just being himself?

Yes. Specifically, he would be a politician.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Yea, why not! A bad man, granted, but a man none the less - he's honest with himself at least.

...although, you could be right: there's no room for spineless.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    So not only do you not think women are pretty but that they're emotionally inconsistent? And to think they let you mod PI.
    Yep they do. Seems to upset you that. In any case of course I think women are pretty and yes in general I also think they're emotionally more complex and fluid than men.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Earthhorse wrote:
    Very good - you're rolling rocks today Earthhorse

Jesus wore sandals (allegedly) and he was a double-hard, nails-through-the-wrists bastard.

Rubbish. Jesus wasn't a man so can't be counted. I don't mean the "he wasn't a man he was the son of God" that insane people will come out with.

I mean he didn't get drunk and rowdy, he didn't punch people and he spoke a message of peace.

Hardly a man worth listening to. :pac:

Zulu wrote: »
    Yea, why not! A bad man, granted, but a man none the less - he's honest with himself at least.
    Back to the politician again. :)

...although, you could be right: there's no room for spineless
    Agreed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Dragan wrote: »
    Rubbish. Jesus wasn't a man so can't be counted. I don't mean the "he wasn't a man he was the son of God" that insane people will come out with.

I mean he didn't get drunk and rowdy, he didn't punch people and he spoke a message of peace.

Hardly a man worth listening to. :pac:

Have you seen the Deleted Scenes on The Bible DVD Extras? The ****storm in Cana, the lads ransacking the illegal Temple franchise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Yep they do. Seems to upset you that. In any case of course I think women are pretty and yes in general I also think they're emotionally more complex and fluid than men.

Dang. Did I use the whole PI mod bit before? Anyway, it's only because I'm deeply concerned for the users over there. What with someone as emotionally inconsistent as you in charge.

@Zulu: Thankee, sir, thankee.

• Advertisement

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Dang. Did I use the whole PI mod bit before?
    Yep so at least you're consistent so that's one point on the list scored to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Hey just IMO

Pink was considered to be an active colour and it was up until the nazis started making people wear pink triangles considered a mascline colour and blue was considered a passive colour and was considered feminine.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Pink was considered to be an active colour and it was up until the nazis started making people wear pink triangles considered a mascline colour and blue was considered a passive colour and was considered feminine.

Damn Nazis ruin everything.

Besides, no point in harking back to the good old days with regards to fashion. It buried in the now afterall.

My only issue with blokes who wear pink shirts is that most of these are the same people who thought calling someone "gay" was the ultimate insult in their younger years.

Irony , by Jean Paul Whathisface!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Damn Nazis ruin everything.

Terrible bunch of lads alright.

As for pink, me no know about that one to be honest. Seems one of those things certain people get away with, but I've seen lads out on the town who looked like proper muppetz rocking the pink shirt look. It's a risk I'm not willing to take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

The worst thing you can do it talk about it. I'm fairly low maintenance, shampoo, bodywash, deodourant maybe the odd spritz of eau de toilette if I'm making a huge effort.

However, I'm constantly accused of things due to my hair. Seriously, all I do is wash it every 2-3 days, it's probably better quality than most girls because I don't put all that sh't in it! No, I don't straighten it and tbh, the last cut I got was like 2 years ago (had a trim last week just to snip the ends) yet I get asked every 2 days if I've had it styled. A quick brush in the morning and then into a hairband, that's it.

I used to care a lot about my image but then I discovered that people that gave a damn didn't tend to be much fun so as long as I'm clean, I'm out the door. I really would look down on some f*cker playing with his hair for half an hour before going to the pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Kold wrote: »
    The worst thing you can do it talk about it. I'm fairly low maintenance, shampoo, bodywash, deodourant maybe the odd spritz of eau de toilette if I'm making a huge effort.

However, I'm constantly accused of things due to my hair. Seriously, all I do is wash it every 2-3 days, it's probably better quality than most girls because I don't put all that sh't in it! No, I don't straighten it and tbh, the last cut I got was like 2 years ago (had a trim last week just to snip the ends) yet I get asked every 2 days if I've had it styled. A quick brush in the morning and then into a hairband, that's it.

I used to care a lot about my image but then I discovered that people that gave a damn didn't tend to be much fun so as long as I'm clean, I'm out the door. I really would look down on some f*cker playing with his hair for half an hour before going to the pub.
    I used to get that when I had long hair.

How do you get your hair so shiny? I wash it.
    What shampoo do you use? The one in the bottle. Smells like apples.
    How do you get it so straight? I comb it.
    What conditioner do you use? I don't use conditioner.

This constant questioning was one of the things that led me to getting my head shaved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Hey just IMO

Hilarious. Getting upset over a colour.

Wonder where is this code that says pink is a weak colour?

Whats a hard colour then? A dull dour one in your book? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Terry wrote: »
    What shampoo do you use? Smells like apples.
    Timotei. Guarantees silky, shiny hair - look at the chick in the ad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Timotei. Guarantees silky, shiny hair - look at the chick in the ad!

Kiwi Herbal Essences, but only because I kinda want to drink it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

A man who'd die for his woman? Oh yeah! ;)

Fat lot of good he will be to you when he's dead, where as a man who would kill........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Wait'll I tell herself that pink is a weak colour!

WWIII here I's comes. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement