Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passat Interior

Options
  • 28-07-2008 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi all I bought a 01 passat 1.8T and all is going well but i have noticed something a bit odd. When your driving at night there is no light behind the temp controls? you know the direction of the air , the settings ect! i checked the fuses and they are fine.

I just want to know if there IS a light from the dials or am i going crazy?
    thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Yes, they should be illuminated, probably just a blown bulb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

yip there should be lights there....ive had 6 passats all of them had the buld gone...never bothered to fix it..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

That cover over them comes off very easily. I had a polo and it was the same thing, when i took of the cover i saw the holder for the light had actually just fallen back. BUlb wasn't blown. But be careful with the pieces of the temp controls, can be a wee bit confusing to put back on if u haven't done it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

My old passat also had a blown bulb. Its very easy to replace, if you have the older type temp controls the center knob, think its the one for the fan is where the bulb is located. the one bulb does the whole temp controls. Use a plyers to pull it directly out, i used a piece of a cloth not to mark the knob. The bulb is slightly tricky to get at long nose pylers is the best option to get it out. Strange looking bulb i brought it to the motor factors to get a match.

Advertisement