Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf Board & Suit Rental - Sligo (Strandhill / Rosses Point)

Options
  • 28-07-2008 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

I'm heading down to Sligo for surfing on the 8th August and I'm wondering if anyone knows some good places to rent gear from in that area? So far the only place I can find is based in Enniscrone :P I have surfed and rented in Bundoran a good few times, and I know it's 30 mins away, but I would prefer to stay local if at all possible. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭JB1

hi there,

there are a good few schools out in enniscrone and strandhill,
    they all rent out gear.

try
    7th wave surfing school, they have various boards (ie long/short).

Ger or Linda will also be able to tell you the nice spots which are not too crowded..or pm me for more info..
    vidimus,

Jb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭Serbian

Cheers for the reply. I saw that school alright, that's the one in Enniscrone I was referring to. It seems a bit far away from Sligo town though, must be a 45 minute drive at least? Seems to be the only place I can find that explicitly says they rent stuff out though. I'm going to give the Sligo Surf Club and Perfect Day Surf School a call and see what they say anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭magooly

Maybe its different this year but you cant rent in Strandhill unless you are taking part in a surf class.

they don't really advertise but if you ring them/approach them there they usually will...

Serbian wrote: »
    I'm heading down to Sligo for surfing on the 8th August and I'm wondering if anyone knows some good places to rent gear from in that area? So far the only place I can find is based in Enniscrone :P I have surfed and rented in Bundoran a good few times, and I know it's 30 mins away, but I would prefer to stay local if at all possible. Any help would be much appreciated :)

sligo-enniscrone is indeed about 45 minutes, strandhill would be your best option...depending how long you'd stay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I love Ennischrone and the 5 km beach is just magnificent and without rip currents. And I have rented board and wetsuit exactly from 7th wave. No problems at all, very good quality wetsuit and again - the most beautiful beach in Ireland.
    IMHO it is woth driving there from Sligo. Not to mention Killculen hot seaweed bath and excellent restaurants.

ThOnda wrote: »
    I love Ennischrone and the 5 km beach is just magnificent and without rip currents. And I have rented board and wetsuit exactly from 7th wave. No problems at all, very good quality wetsuit and again - the most beautiful beach in Ireland.
    IMHO it is woth driving there from Sligo. Not to mention Killculen hot seaweed bath and excellent restaurants.

couldn't agree more. also, if you rent a car with roofracks, you can explore easky right and left as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭Serbian

Cheers for all the info guys. I actually rang Perfect Day surf school to see if I could rent gear from them and they claim there is actually a bye-law in Strandhill rendering gear rental illegal without an accompanying surf lesson. Might explain the lack of options in the immediate area!

Will look into the Enniscrone option alright, but might end up in Bundoran, depending on conditions, as it's that bit closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Ennischrone beach taken by mobile phone and shrinked for www purposes...

070329.jpg

070630.jpg

Advertisement