Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bluetooth Car Kit Installation?

Options
  • 28-07-2008 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Done a bit of searching and cant find a decent car kit installation company, Anyone know a good one?

One that comes out to your office would be ideal!

Cheers,
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Cartronics in Santry are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

m_stan wrote: »

Careful now!!! CarKits.ie seems to have some 'issues'

avgeh9.jpg

SafeSounds Drumcondra are emant to be good. If your anyways handy do it your self i did it in about an hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

If your still looking I have a mate who goes to you to do it - very professional, very good guy.

PM me if you want his details

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

JDM Products - 01 20 50 500

Been using them for all my car kit needs for the past 3 years with no issues. Mobile unit will come out to install on site - always better if you can give them a covered area though as it takes around an hour and a half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

I'd go with Carkits.ie aswell, thankfully the quality of their car kit service is better than their website. 1890 200 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Dont do it

Ive seen jobs done by Carkits.ie

Wires run across the airbags, that have even driller cables into airbag panels, not to mention running wires across a gearbox stoping the car goind into reverse.

Avoid them

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

I have used both JDM and Carkits. ( JDM on the old car and carkit on the new one )

Happy enough with both to be honest but would probably go back to carkits.

JDM were a little bit messier in their final delivery on the old car but I had no real issues with either.

For those who seem to have run into trouble - have the issues been resolved ? Were complaints made ? I dropped the car into them in Sandyford where they have all the tools and people available to them. They also made sure I had numbers etc. to call if I had any problems. JDM did this as well to be fair to them.

Sometimes things get sacrificed for the right tool, time or access from the "on the road" installers. Also depends massivly on your car and how much is pre-wired for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

could do yourself mate, its pretty easy

Advertisement