Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving van

Options
  • 28-07-2008 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I need to move stuff from Lucan to Glasnevin and I'm looking for recommendations on who to hire. I don't have any major furniture or appliances, just a folding desk & chair, stereo, tall wooden CD rack, everything else is boxes and suitcases.

So far Padded Wagon have quoted €85 per hour and estimate it will take 3 hours. I've emailed ASingleItem for a quote too.

Do taxi companies charge a standard fare if you book a large taxi for taking lots of 'luggage' like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

check out www.upak.ie. they were great for me but i had a truck load full, so not sure for small amount of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I'd recommend you check out www.vantasks.ie which is run by cormie. Have read good things about him being on the ball!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

If you can drive, or have a mate who can drive and do you a favour, why not rent a van and do the moving yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

BrynW wrote: »
    If you can drive, or have a mate who can drive and do you a favour, why not rent a van and do the moving yourself?

renting a van is usually a lot more expensive than renting a man and a a van for a couple of hours

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

kyub wrote: »
    I'd recommend you check out www.vantasks.ie which is run by cormie. Have read good things about him being on the ball!

C'mon, lets support our fellow Boardsies!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

renting a van is usually a lot more expensive than renting a man and a a van for a couple of hours

Well she has been quoted €255 for 3 hours from renting a moving man & van......afaik it's a good bit cheaper than that to rent an argos van for the day!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Do you know anybody with a punto?They're great for moving stuff,you'll need a few trips though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fizzypie

Thanks everyone for the replies, much appreciated.

Unfortunately I don't drive, booking my first lesson for this Friday though!

My Dad moved my gear to a temporary place a few weeks ago and it was 2.5 loads in his big-booted Ford Scorpio so even if I had a punto, I'd be making at least 3 trips if not 4! I could bum a lift but it would mean bumming 2 or 3 lifts for a few hours of someone's working day, thus the decision to get a van.

A Single Item have quoted between €120 and €160 for the move with 2 fellas on the job.

Careline have come in around €300+ (including insurance)

Two Men and a Truck at €300+ (estimating 1.72 hours which makes me wonder do they employ robots or something :) )

VanTasks haven't given a quote yet.

Interesting differences but the more expensive 2 did sound more professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Who did you go with in the end? :) Was asingleitems price including VAT and insurance?

Advertisement