Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gum recession

Options
  • 28-07-2008 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭

ok so got my labret done about 8 weeks ago now, am just back from the dentist and was told there is already a bit of gum recession
    so what i was wondering is, is there a different type of back or anything i can get to stop it getting worse?
    or should i just take it out and see if i can get it repierced once it's healed so it doesn't do this again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

You could get a plastic labret post which will ease the wear and tear, or you could switch to a circular barbell.
    It's generally down to the way your labret is pierced, most good piercers will pierce it in such a way that contact with your gums is minimal. Maybe it couldn't have been avoided in this case.

So a few options;

Take it out for good and save your gums,
    switch to a plastic labret post
    wear a circular barbell/ring
    or leave as is and risk having no gums :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

that's great thanks for that, will head in later to where i got it pierced and talk to them about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Have fun, and good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Plastic jewelery will do sfa to stop gum recession, its the pressure of the back on the gum that causes the recession in the first place. Its the placement on the piercing is too low or you just have gums that are going to get in the way no matter what. Personally I'd take it out and get it redone higher if possible so the labret back is in contact with your teeth

Advertisement