Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

better internet provider than Digiweb

Options
  • 28-07-2008 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

hi all

i'm looking for a better internet provider than Digweb a provider with no caps as my pc is a family one and i'm a bit :mad: over keep getting capped all the time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

your talking about digiweb dsl?

I had them before, didnt enjoy them. Not only the cap problem, but they use high levels of interleaving on low end products, also i had massive contention problems on them in the evenings...

I no it sounds daft but your best bet is Eircom, they`ve upgraded there packages lately so you could get up to around a 8 MEG connection..

Also they dont really care about going over the cap unless you totally take the p1ss. Iv had no contention problems and lower ping times also.

Another option is BT, however iv heard bad stories about billing problems with them. I would recommend eircom, dont think i ever imagined i would say that.

Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 hunter2008

hi m8 thanks for the reply i'm on the metro pack my cap is 50gb per month but for some reason it gone over 16gb

nuxxx wrote: »
    your talking about digiweb dsl?

I had them before, didnt enjoy them. Not only the cap problem, but they use high levels of interleaving on low end products, also i had massive contention problems on them in the evenings...

I no it sounds daft but your best bet is Eircom, they`ve upgraded there packages lately so you could get up to around a 8 MEG connection..

Also they dont really care about going over the cap unless you totally take the p1ss. Iv had no contention problems and lower ping times also.

Another option is BT, however iv heard bad stories about billing problems with them. I would recommend eircom, dont think i ever imagined i would say that.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

no Cap products are in many cases much slooooower.

All non-LLU DSL is interleaved by eircom.

There are some FAST no cap products, but usually only on fibre and only in limited areas. Some LLU in limited areas too.

If you are using more than 50Gbyte a month you do one or more of:
    * Unregulated Torrents. (You can adjust them)
    * Huge amount of TV, either live or Sky/C4/BBC etc p2p. Uninstall the Sky/C4/BBC application or block its P2P ports. Get a free or Subscription Dish & box or Cable etc, better picture quality. And /or a PVR so you don't miss TV and can time shift.
    * zombie bot / spam Software on one or more PCs.

24/7 normal usage even by 5 people can't use 50G a month. Have a good dig around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

If you can get UPC (NTL Chorus) then do. 20Mbps unlimited cap for €40 per month. Their support isn't great but the product is excellent and hopefully you won't need to call their support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

I agree with paulm17781. Get UPC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 hunter2008

paulm17781If you can get UPC (NTL Chorus) then do. 20Mbps unlimited cap for €40 per month. Their support isn't great but the product is excellent and hopefully you won't need to call their support.

thanks m8 i'll look into this :)

Advertisement