Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista driver signing (disable)

• 28-07-2008 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

I just finished installing my new pc, and one of the things i did was naturally install updated drivers for everything. except it turns out gigabyte didnt sign their raid driver - so i get vista moaning about not being able to start unless i disabled the driver signing.

this would ordinarily be ok, but the machine im using happens to be on 24/7 and should it have a problem i want it to immediately restart - so this is a bit of a problem, as it requires user input.

is there a way to disable vista requiring signed drivers? i'm using vista ultimate 64bit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

You will need to do this every time you install a driver..

Log on as the Administrator and do the following:-

Start>Run>cmd.exe>Ok

Now in the Command Prompt window type in the following command:-

Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON

Reboot and install the unsigned driver without any hiccup.

If you want to turn on driver signing check then use the following command.

Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks Off

Restart the system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You could possibly get around this by digitally signing the driver yourself also.

Voodoo2 wrote: »
    You will need to do this every time you install a driver..

Log on as the Administrator and do the following:-

Start>Run>cmd.exe>Ok

Now in the Command Prompt window type in the following command:-

Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON

Reboot and install the unsigned driver without any hiccup.

If you want to turn on driver signing check then use the following command.

Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks Off

Restart the system.

This was removed in a hotfix and isn't supported at all in SP1.

There's two ways to do it but both have drawbacks:

1 - Sign it yourself using a test certificate
    The problem here is that you get a Test Mode banner on your desktop similar to the one you see in Safe Mode.

2 - Use ReadyDriver Plus
    This installs a keyboard hook into the bootloader that automatically presses F8 and disables the signature enforcement. Very crude and rudimentary but it works. The drawback being that it stalls startup for about 5 seconds while it does its thing.

Advertisement