Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saracen Raw 2

Options
  • 28-07-2008 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭

anyone ever used one of these?
    or have any opinions on the brand or the bike itself?
    I saw a second hand one on sale recently and i was considering getting it as an upgrade to the piece of crap 20odd kilo mtb i have now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I will leave detailed analysis to the MTBers but Saracen don't have a great brand reputation, no.

There is a general sense that you are better off avoiding rear suspension at this sort of price range- for that sort of money (£380) you could just about squeeze an entry level hardtail that would work better.

If you are looking to get lighter than you don't want full suspension.

Is there any particular reason you need full suspension?

I am presuming this is for off-road use as if it is for on road and you want lighter you shouldn't be looking at a mountain bike at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Very heavy and the rear suspension constantly saps power from your pedaling. Don't bother looking at full suspension bikes till you are spending €1000+.

Advertisement