Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why did i just do that?

• 28-07-2008 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

I had a slightly less than average sleep last night due to the heat and when i woke up i went and made myself tea. I got tea bags from the press and milk from the fridge. I made the tea and put the tea bags in the fridge and the milk in the press..

Just went to the toilet, lifted the seat, took care of business, turned on the mirror light, washed my hands and left.. sat down at the pc to work.. then realised i didnt flush, i turned a light on instead.

I do stuff like this all the time in the morning.. It really makes me question if i should be driving a car to work at all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Ah sure its easy just stick the handbrake in 1st, indicate down the window, put air in your oil and off you go! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

EXACTLY! hah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I almost threw my socks in the toilet and went for a pee in the laundry basket... stopped myself just in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I've thrown my mobile in the bin more often than I care to remember :(

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭i_love_toast

haha i once squeezed hair gel onto my toothbrush and started to brush my teeth!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I'll often put the kettle back in the press with the teabags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ended up putting on my girlfriend's underwear and sticking my sepository up her ass by mistake.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Ended up putting on my girlfriend's underwear and sticking my sepository up her ass by mistake.

erm...

connundrum wrote: »
    erm...

That's what she said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Ouch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

I got into work today and shut the computer down as soon as I had turned it on :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I almost threw my socks in the toilet and went for a pee in the laundry basket... stopped myself just in time.

+1

Though just in time for me still required that I sprint to the tiolet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I read somewhere once that drinking tea in hot climates actually has a cooling effect on the body.

Isn't tea originally from warmer climates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Yes Rob, the tea plant originated from China.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I sprayed myself with shaving foam instead of deodorant one morning. Was pretty funny actually as the wife was brushing her teeth at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Rob_l wrote: »
    I read somewhere once that drinking tea in hot climates actually has a cooling effect on the body.

Yep.

Apparently if you drink a hot drink it is absorbed by your body easier so you won't just sweat it straight out again.

If you drink a cold drink your body works harder to process it as it's not a suitable temp. Leastways that's what I was told.

DEmeant0r wrote: »
    Yes Rob, the tea plant originated from China.

and when i search google i get yahoo answers
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060616070430AA9HEKF

and they also agree with my first point

woohoo being right twice in one day thats a personal record here

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭TheRealBoss

I got into work today and shut the computer down as soon as I had turned it on :(

brillant !!!

Major hassle in the office one morning long time ago ...... butter was missing from the fridge.

All desks were searched ... fridge cleared out .... fingers were pointed at usual suspects.

Some days later it was found in the .......... microwave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

When I was in secondary school our uniform was maroon up until third year and black for the last few years.

One morning I was walking to school and peole kept staring at me. I'm insanely hot so thought nothing of it. I only realised when I got the gates that I had one maroon knee high sock on and one black...idiot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

That's just wishful thinking

Beetlebum wrote: »
    When I was in secondary school our uniform was maroon up until third year and black for the last few years.

One morning I was walking to school and peole kept staring at me. I'm insanely hot so thought nothing of it. I only realised when I got the gates that I had one maroon knee high sock on and one black...idiot

Thats the fashion these days i hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

I put my sunglasses on my head while at the top of the Eiffel Tower a few years ago. Was looking down to the ground for a few minutes, then realised I had no idea where my sunglasses were - they weren't on my eyes, hooked onto my collar, in my bag... I went and bought a new pair while on the phone telling someone how my sunglasses must have fallen off the tower. I then went to the bathroom. To find my glasses. Still on my head.

:rolleyes:

Major hassle in the office one morning long time ago ...... butter was missing from the fridge.

All desks were searched ... fridge cleared out .... fingers were pointed at usual suspects.

Wow - you've got a 'usual suspects' line up for stolen butter? What sort of place do you work in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'm sure everyone's put orange juice on their cereal by accident here. Done that more than twice anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

I've often went looking for a pen whilst holding one in my hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Beetlebum wrote: »
    I'm insanely hot so thought nothing of it.

Bad dose of thrush?

m@cc@ wrote: »
    I've often went looking for a pen whilst holding one in my hand.

I often have started looking for my glasses while wearing the things never coping on to the fact that i could see things around me clearly so must be wearing them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Shaving foam on the toothbrush...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Yeah when emptying my dinner left overs into the bin im forever chucking the plate in after.... walk off and then im like PLANK!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Ebonyellie

Thats me every day, this morning i went outside to throw crusts of bread to the birds, i threw the plate they were on at them by mistake. A few months ago i wore 2 different boots to work, one brown and one black, and i tried to get into the wrong car last saturday, the guy that owned it was standing outside it leaning his back against it talking to his friends, he shouted at me 'wtf?' he didnt see the funny side, sad really

Kold wrote: »
    I'm sure everyone's put orange juice on their cereal by accident here. Done that more than twice anyway.

yep .... about once a month !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Ebonyellie wrote: »
    Thats me every day, this morning i went outside to throw crusts of bread to the birds, i threw the plate they were on at them by mistake. A few months ago i wore 2 different boots to work, one brown and one black, and i tried to get into the wrong car last saturday, the guy that owned it was standing outside it leaning his back against it talking to his friends, he shouted at me 'wtf?' he didnt see the funny side, sad really

hahahahahaha

best laugh today...

Person of the day. as voted by me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Ebonyellie wrote: »

hahahahaha

person of tomorrow also.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

One morning while still half asleep I ordered a taxi and went outside to wait for it. When the taxi arrived I hopped in and told him go to the airport. He muttered somehting and I was like - 'to the airport' he kept muttering and saying 'out'. I was so confused. Turned out he was just a random guy driving down the road.

Once my friend did something similar when drunk and he was so aggresive the guy and his daughter took him home. When he got home he took out money and they were saying no just get out you psycho. Only then did he cop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

A friends of mine was working for a construction company in Dublin and they got a new labourer for a few days work from a temping agency. They were told he had very little English but that he was a good worker, and that he would be at a certain corner waiting to be picked up at a certain time. So at that time they went to the corner, ushered the guy into the van and drove off to work. at lunch time the boss realisingt that the guy was no use at all rang the temp firm to complain and thats when he found out that the temp was actually five minutes late at the crossroads and after waiting for half an hour went home. It turns out the guy they picked up was just some random stranger off the streets and that there was a meaning to what he was jabbering on about whilst being ushered into the van!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I always walk into the kitchen when im goin for a piddle!!!

but luckily no leakages in there yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

threw the uncooked spaghetti into the ragu once, had to cook it in the sauce:o tasted ok actually,but wouldn't recommend it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

My mother went to the drive in with some guy, went to get pop corn, came back, got into the wrong car. That guy became my Dad.

I don't feel so bad putting the kettle in the refrigerator anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Im guilty of the sugar in the fridge vs milk in the press action.

Or how about taking a trip to the Kitchen to get salt and pepper, but instead make yourself a cup of tea, then go back to the food to then realise you complete forgot the salt and p.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Jezze , it's when you make two cups of coffee /tea and realise your the only one in the room ,that's when you know you've got problems :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i remember heating up my dinner in the microwave once, it was in a casserole dish and when it was done instead of pouring it onto my plate i just turned the dish upsidedown and SPLAT! it was all over the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Washing hair with shower gel.

Talking about NOT ordering something (e.g. sandwich, icecream etc) and then ordering it because its on your mind.

or when sombody asks you the time with a cup of tea in your left hand yep , the tea goes over the side :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Rob_l wrote: »

Was it in the old Farthing Wood comics? That's where I first heard it. Reason is supposedly because it makes you sweat more, cooling your body more quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭dave.omeara

So addled one day, that the bread ended up in the fridge and the milk ended up in the sink.

Also spent about 10 minutes one night trying to get into the wrong hotel room.

Hotel rooms are fine , if it's sombody else front door the you might have problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

i think everyone needs to put there age in brackets after each post. I'm starting to feel normal again ....un;less you're all old farts (42)

Advertisement