Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

confessions of an accidental pervert

• 28-07-2008 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

I went for a coupe of pints in Dorans last night about 9pm with my girlfriend and another friend of mine. It was still quite sunny at that hour so we sat upstairs at that large window that opens out overlooking subway.
    Anyway... so I while was sipping away at my overpriced pint while my friend complained that pub toilets seem to overlook that fact that men poop too, we collectively noticed a female employee of subway on the second floor was getting undressed. Too odd things happened after this initial discovery, not only did we see her but she noticed us (and several other onlookers) but carried on regardless. The second thing was that another female employee repeated this same process moments later.

I'm posting this for 3 main reasons.

1. Does anyone know if Subway is a front for a voyeur focussed erotic experience company? or are these ladies just a sign of the times and I’m a prude for thinking that this sort of borderline public nudity is anything to notice much less talk about.

2. I feel my admission of looking somehow absolves me of any wrong doing

3. If anyone wants to see vaguely hot naked women, dorans @ 9pm is the place, apparently.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

pics or it didn't happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I swear officer, I slipped then as I was falling my pants fell down and I landed on her like that...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Cool. first round is on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

How nude did she get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Bet you had a footlong with mayonnaise after all that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

We're they eastern european wimmin? They don't seem to be as prudish as our wimmin when it comes to public nudity. Ok, my evidence is anecodotal but, from my travels in Germany and eastwards, all you have to do is visit a park/lake/beach to see people blithely removing clothing to put on swimming cossies, bikinis etc. They don't bother with the towel shuffle that we do here in Ireland, nor do they wear clothing in Saunas, Steamrooms etc.

It's sorta sad that we're so self-conscious, but I suppose it does at least provide us guys with a thrill when we see semi-naked chicks :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Dorans stealth marketing, eh?

I'm sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Stay in room 334 (i think that is the one) in jurys on parnell st and you will get the best striptease show of your life.

Hot girl + very little or no clothes + teasing = best hotel room ever.

Actually she always seems to be on her laptop so chances are she is on boards. The apartment is in the apartment block above the spar along moore st.

I should state I seen her by accident once and have only heard from friends who were staying there that she kept doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

holy moly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

MJOR wrote: »
    holy moly!

are you the moore st nudist ch is talking about?And i agree scientist,side boob or gtfo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I'll be in town at nine OP, thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

on my road there was an oul wan that did a striptease for the lads coming outta secondary school....

Many is the young lad that was heard screaming "my eyes my eyes"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭rowlandbrowner

I probably should have got the camera phone out, but I was worried that I'd get into some legal problems, I don't want to wind up on some government register.

I can report a positive sighting on some side boob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I can report a positive sighting on some side boob.

Sounds more like prickteasing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

milod wrote: »
    We're they eastern european wimmin? They don't seem to be as prudish as our wimmin when it comes to public nudity. Ok, my evidence is anecodotal but, from my travels in Germany and eastwards, all you have to do is visit a park/lake/beach to see people blithely removing clothing to put on swimming cossies, bikinis etc. They don't bother with the towel shuffle that we do here in Ireland, nor do they wear clothing in Saunas, Steamrooms etc.

It's sorta sad that we're so self-conscious, but I suppose it does at least provide us guys with a thrill when we see semi-naked chicks :eek:

True. One reason I won't bring the fiancee to Scandinavia in summer! ;-)
    (only messing, of course I would. But he's gotta promise not to shout 'boobies' every time he sees some...)

Other question (serious!) - is topless sunbathing actually allowed in Ireland? 'cause I never see anyone do it (well, might be the weather, too, not much fun at 14 degrees and pissing rain), but I haven't heard that it's actually illegal (unlike some parts of the US, for example...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

hmmm.... I have to start going to Dorans more often....

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭TheRealBoss

I reckon it's a trick by the OP and his friends.

They will be in subway tonite .... watching a a queue form going into Dorans and upstairs to the big window ... pissing themselves laughing.

mmmm ...... 9p.m. you say ...... u think there might be any action earlier in the evening ..... say 4.30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Disco Stu

galah wrote: »
    True. One reason I won't bring the fiancee to Scandinavia in summer! ;-)
    (only messing, of course I would. But he's gotta promise not to shout 'boobies' every time he sees some...)

Other question (serious!) - is topless sunbathing actually allowed in Ireland? 'cause I never see anyone do it (well, might be the weather, too, not much fun at 14 degrees and pissing rain), but I haven't heard that it's actually illegal (unlike some parts of the US, for example...).

I've seen birds topless sunbathing in the middle of stephens green so guess it must be... well the guards didn't seem to be rushing in to move them ;)

Disco Stu wrote: »
    I've seen birds topless sunbathing in the middle of stephens green so guess it must be... well the guards didn't seem to be rushing in to move them ;)
    Garda: "No, wait fellas... she could be dangerous... let's just hang back and observe until it's safe to make our move..."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

I've seen this too whilst sitting at that window, except it was the top floor of the building to the right of Subway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I think Dorans needs to invest in some webcams ;) {So we can post a video of all the disappointed boardies that though that the OP was for real on youtube.}

The Vagrancy Act 1824, Section 4: This section provides that "any person wilfully openly, lewdly and obscenely exposing his person with intent to insult any female shall be deemed a rogue and a vagabond."

the Criminal Law (Amendment) Act 1935, Section 18: This section creates the offence of public indecency and provides that "every person who shall commit at or near and in the sight of any place along which the public habitually pass as of right or by permission, any act in such a way as to offend modesty or cause scandal or injure the morals of the community shall be guilty of an offence...." If found guilty, on summary conviction, the offender is liable to a fine of £500.00 or, at the discretion of the Court, to imprisonment for any term not exceeding six months or to both

Criminal Justice (Public Order) Act 1994, Section 5:

This section provides that it shall be an offence for any person in a public place to engage in offensive conduct. In this section "offensive conduct" means "any unreasonable behaviour which, having regard to all the circumstances, is likely to cause serious offence or serious annoyance to any person who is, or might reasonably be expected to be, aware of such behaviour." It is an offence for any person in a public place to engage in offensive conduct (i) between the hours of 12.00 o'clock midnight and 7.00 o'clock in the morning next following or (ii) at any time, having been requested by a member of the Garda Síochana to desist.

A person who is guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding £500.00.

Section 6 of the 1994 Act provides that it shall be an offence for any person in a public place to use or engage in any threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour with intent to provoke a breach of the peace or being reckless as to whether a breach of the peace may be occasioned. A person who is guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding £500.00 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding three months or to both.

Section 8 of the Act provides that where a person is or has been acting in a manner contrary to the provisions of the 1994 Act referred to above and fails to comply with a direction of a member of the Garda Siochana, they are guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding £500.00 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

So I was at the Doctor's once.

Dr: So, how can I help you today?

Me: Doctor, I've been .... having ... some problems ... Er, sorry, theres a woman in the apartment across the street getting dressed.

This reminds me... Once I was in a shop and I accidentally walked into the ladies' dressing room and opened one of the doors and there was a nekked chick there so I had sex with her and left.

Advertisement