Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Galactic to unveil White Knight Two mothership

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Richard Branson puts lots of money through this company. It must work.. The prices will not be that expensive comparing to flights with NASA or Russians..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Short interview with Richard Branson made by BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7530231.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Fingers crossed Virgin Galactic will make this profitable and herald the age of commercial space flight! It'll be third or fourth generation before I can afford it anyway... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

A moot point, but the word "Mothership" bugs the hell out of me... seems to lack originallity and for me anyway, just reminds me of B rated Black and White Alien flicks from pre 1950's Hollywood... sorry for rant...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Muppet Man wrote: »
    A moot point, but the word "Mothership" bugs the hell out of me... seems to lack originallity and for me anyway, just reminds me of B rated Black and White Alien flicks from pre 1950's Hollywood... sorry for rant...

Not sure it's the term they use... it's just called White Knight Two. Technically it's nothing more than a twin fuselage passenger jet. Mothership is a pretty cliched turn of phrase alright.

• Advertisement
Advertisement