Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemists

Options
  • 28-07-2008 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know what % margin Chemist shops look for when selling non Pharmaceutical items ?
    I have a product that I would like to sell to chemists, but I dont know at what price to sell it to them at, and still make a profit myself.

Any information would be apprecited.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Trump

Hi,

Does anyone know what % margin Chemist shops look for when selling non Pharmaceutical items ?
    I have a product that I would like to sell to chemists, but I dont know at what price to sell it to them at, and still make a profit myself.

Any information would be apprecited.

At this stage, I would be more concerned about your own margins .A few tips..

Is there a similar product in the chemists already..? what do they charge..? Go investigate , ask the staff.Did you do market research for your own product..? What will you say when tell you they sell a product like it already..? This where you need to know the benefits of your product..

How will you deliver your product to the pharmacies..? Work out your own overheads,costs,storage,etc..?

When you have calculated these overheads you need to work out what you need to sell at to cover these overheads..with a % for yourself included..!!! You gotta eat..!!

Then you can workout selling/retail price ,based around you intial research plus also determine if the business is even viable enough .

Alot of work needs to be done yet...Best of luck..!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

Trump,

Thanks for the advice, a lot of the work has been done and the business as it currently stands is viable. The only thing I have not done is ask the staff in the Chemist. ( which will be my next move )
    I was just trying to find out the mark/up or margin to see if it would be worthwhile exploring this market further.

Regards Aidan

Advertisement