Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Car Tyres

• 28-07-2008 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I;m looking to replace 4 tyres on my Toyota Avensis. I don't need anything fancy, just good tyres that won't wear out that quick. My current ones are not below legal yet but are getting there... Where is the best place for getting tyres? Any special offers? I am midlands based.

Cheers.
    X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

i rekon your best bet is to get your tyre size and ring around the dealers in your local area.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

My guy for tires is at the old Sean Whites Renault garage in athlone. Cant think of them name at the mo tho. There very good, nice fella running it. My low profile firestone tiires were 65 Each. Id highly recommend him, if I could old remember the name or number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

eiretyres.com is the best place, order online and they are delivered to your door, just get them fitted. I get mine fitted for about 10 euro a corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

eiretyres.com is the best place, order online and they are delivered to your door, just get them fitted. I get mine fitted for about 10 euro a corner.

so you reckon its cheaper that way sounds like a good idea to me! will any tyre place fit the tyres for you if you supply them? also where did you get them fitted and did you pay 10 euro per tyre to have them fitted or 10 overall?
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

ten euro per corner and assuming you have four corners that would be 40 euro :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Took your advice and had my new tyres fitted for €15 per corner this morning the tyres were only €60 eack including delivery and the guy fitting them said that they are pretty good! it only took 1 week for them to be delivered! cheers for the tip:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

yeah what did u get . Some great deals on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭fullirish

thinking of using these guys as mentioned above: eiretyres.com and then using dialatyre.ie to fit them (10 euro a tyre and they will call out per their website) - anybody had any experience with them ?

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Needed 4 tyres there the other week, I do like to have high grade tyres, called around and , as with most things these days, by far the cheapest was up North. Got 4 Michelin tyres fitted for 337 euro. Just checked the above mentioned website, who without fitting would charge well over 400 euros for the same tyres. So I guess it would be worth checking over the border if you live not too far away..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

camskill.co.uk is another useful site for tyres

• Advertisement
Advertisement