Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insuring an accessory

Options
  • 28-07-2008 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

Sorry if this isnt the correct forum for this,

but i am after becoming the proud owner of a new belt, which has cost me a little over 1600€ to obtain, as it is a special event/award, and as it is damn near impossible to replace (should that situation arrive), I'm just wondering how i would go about (where and with whom) insuring this item.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Yours Faithfully,
    Kris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

That an Explorer Belt by any chance? Just a guess!

My (limited) knowledge of the general principles of insurance would make me think that it's only possible to insure something to the value of it's replacement. I.e. it's replacement must be possible.

BTW I've no idea how insurance for "priceless" artifacts, like Book of Kells, Mona Lisa, things like that work.

So I'm not sure if it will be possible to obtain cover that would just provide a cash payout in the event of loss. But it's worth a try. Ask a broker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

yes yes it is an explorer belt!!! =D

thanks for your help!

Advertisement