Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Eagle Super-90 M3 Long barrel version

Options
  • 28-07-2008 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭

Quick review on the Double Eagle is a clone of Tokyo Marui's M3 series shotgun, the gun has three inner barrels meaning you get 3 bb's with each pump and shot.

Nice huh?
    2008_0728Firstshots0247.jpg

Ordered this from RSOV last Monday at a cost of around €20 i think, got it with a load of stuff, received it today. Initial impression was surprise at how light it is, much lighter than i thought it would be! It's shorter than i expected also.

Shells go here
    2008_0728Firstshots0251.jpg

The body is mainly plastic but has a metal barrel, unfortunately as is the way with TM versions of this gun, the longer barrel has the same length inner barrel as the short version.

Where are you inner barrels?
    2008_0728Firstshots0256.jpg

Whilst initial test firing is disappointing (one flyer with every pump!) i reckon it needs a good clean and should be OK. The range is less of that i get with my AK using .2 bbs, i reckon using it in a skirmish as your main weapon would be very challenging!

Safety warning
    2008_0728Firstshots0255.jpg

To pump the gun requires little effort, though I'd imagine your arm would get tired quick enough. It comes with one red shell which has a capacity of 30 rounds, which equates to 10 shots, a 4 pack of shells costs €5 so i got 8 extra in black :D I need more...lol I also sprung for a shell holder/cheek rest, definitely a good idea, really adds to the look of the gun. Included with the gun are the usual Chinese extras, speed loader, unjamming rod and a piece of crap sling (binned immediately).

30 round shell
    2008_0728Firstshots0252.jpg

Shell holder
    2008_0728Firstshots0257.jpg

All in all I'm happy with my purchase, good value for money. I'd recommend the shorty version

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

i bought the shorty version of this, so far im very happy with it.

it came with all the same stuff as zero's and i also ordered 8 extra shells in black.
    28072008069.jpg

the three inner barrells stop about 2 inches short of the outter barrell.
    28072008072.jpg

i like the sights they are painted with a little white line to help you aim quicker for quick actions which would be good for CQB.
    28072008070.jpg

its nice and solid with the only rattle coming from the rear sling ring (but thats easily sorted!) it measures 620mm in lenght (not sure what the full version is). heres a pic with my m4 to give you and idea of the size
    28072008073.jpg

and another good thing i like is the shells are flicked out as soon as you open open slot to put them in so there is no fiddling around trying to dig them out.
    28072008074.jpg

only thing is i cant put the shell hoder on the butt but airsofteire have a sling that will take 8 shells on it http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=230&category_id=10&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

well gonna go play with it no so il give a reveiw of how the firing goes later!

Advertisement