Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting back a loan

• 28-07-2008 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi, just wanted to get peoples opinions on this. I gave an ex a loan of €5000 cos he needed it and I trusted him, we were engaged. Anyway, when money was spent, I saw his true colours. He bailed, was with someone else etc. Anyway, I had it in writing that I had given him this money and he agreed to pay me back in small weekly amounts. This was just written on a piece of paper with his signature.

Anyway, I went to a solicitor 5 years ago about this and paid €700 for them to get this money back and I gave them the piece of paper. I've barely heard a word from them in 5 years. I wrote a stinker of a letter two years ago and then they spoke to me. 18 months ago they said that it had been sent to the county sheriff. This was said as if it was now out of their hands and I still can't get them to return my calls. I can't exactly take time off work to sit in a solicitors office and try to force them to speak to me.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to tell if something has gone to the sheriff? What does it mean if its gone to the sheriff? Should I have gotten anything in writing to say that its gone there? Is there a time limit for this? I don't care if I get a euro a week for 10 years. Any ideas as to what I can do and where to go from here?

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'm sorry but you cannot seek legal advice here.

You can try contacting the Sheriff direct. Else hound your solicitor or get a new one. I'd be quick about it too, especially if this all happened close to 6 years ago (Statute of Limitations period).

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement