Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New corolla no estate model?

Options
  • 28-07-2008 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

IS there an estate model corolla? Are there any plans for one?

Ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I think the estate version is called a coffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

There is an estate, called Fielder in the JDM market. Available in a number of versions from 1.5 to 1.8 4WD. It arrived out at the same time as the saloon but isnt available here or in Europe. You could import a new one from a japanese car export company.
    800px-2006_Toyota_Corolla-Fielder_01.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Damn!
    I was almost delighted by the death of the estate.
    But no.
    There it is.
    In all its glory.
    Looking like a mook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I've seen a few JDM Fielder's here, many are used as taxi's. I think they are a nice looking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

They never really sold that many of the old estate in this country.Possibly the reason it was simply too bland:D

EDIT: Just noticed that "fielder" has the repeators in the side mirrors.They could have put them in the irish saloon. I suppose they didnt want anything too raucous for the nice conservative Irish market. Old women might consider it some kind of performance car!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

they may have one in the pipe line but that would be a year or so ahead... ever model in the corrolla range as been a estate/wagon Afaik :|

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The last generation Corolla Tourer never really sold well here because it was 1.6, and cost considerably more than a 1.4 saloon. it was nearly as expensive as an Avensis but had no aircon/alloys etc. They were lovely to drive though, the 1.6 really suits the old Corolla.
    S.I.R wrote: »
    they may have one in the pipe line but that would be a year or so ahead...

Is that year or so timescale just guesswork going purely on the fact that there isn't one for sale right now?

Advertisement