Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of the summer spin, tonight Monday 28 July

Options
  • 28-07-2008 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭

To mark the end of the summer :mad: I'm planning on heading out for a quick spin up mountain direction tonight. 18:00 at Lambs Cross Gala shop would work for me. Was out to Enniskerry at lunchtime and it is very pleasant out there right now, want to get one final spin in before the downpour! Anyone else care to join me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I think I'll stick to 'near home tonight' ... I am sure saturday will be a wonderful day with NO RAIN for a nice Wicklow spin :D ... and come on, do your think Sean Kelly would cancel a saturday wicklow spin because of rain? NO!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Blorg, where are you leaving from? I could meet you at the Beacon at 5.50ish if it suits. Only doing Enniskerry and back though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

I want to go cycling in the sun...:( I'm consoling myself with watching Batman instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I want to go cycling in the sun...:( I'm consoling myself with watching Batman instead.

Everyone keeps talking about Batman ... I wonder if the lycra has something to do with so many cyclist going to see it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

AndyP wrote: »
    Blorg, where are you leaving from? I could meet you at the Beacon at 5.50ish if it suits. Only doing Enniskerry and back though.
    Hi Andy, I'm leaving from Corrig Road so Beacon at 5:50 would be fine. No problems if you only want to come as far as Enniskerry!

@PeadarofAodh- sorry to hear about your foot, hope that heals up soon. I can take it a bit easier up the hills with you off the bike :D

@Caroline- not sure about that, that cape flapping behind him is not very aero.

• Advertisement

Timescales are starting to slip around a bit for me I'm afraid- looking more like I'll be leaving work at 18:15-18:30 so maybe better leave it for today (I'll still be heading out mind, although current plan is looking like up to Johnny Foxes and along Pine Forest up to the viewpoint.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

How'd it go? Looked like a stunning evening while I was hobbling along like a lanky quasimodo to the cinema, cursing other people's ability to be on the bike! Batman's great, just have to be prepared for a long film before you go in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Everyone keeps talking about Batman ... I wonder if the lycra has something to do with so many cyclist going to see it ...

His new suit is more titanium / carbon fibre than lycra...who knows, maybe his utility belt is supplied by Shimano?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

I think I'll stick to 'near home tonight' ... I am sure saturday will be a wonderful day with NO RAIN for a nice Wicklow spin :D ... and come on, do your think Sean Kelly would cancel a saturday wicklow spin because of rain? NO!

Speaking of Sean Kelly:

Kelly faster than De Wolf, Jansen

In the gentlemen's race for ex-professionals and famous Flemish men, Sean Kelly was too fast for Dirk De Wolf and Jan Janssen. "I still have fast legs," the Irishman explained. "That's because I still regularly ride my bike."

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Kelly's deadpan humour is really growing on me.

• Advertisement

It was very nice weather for a spin, just seemed a bit hazy and foreboding over the city. They are proceeding with the resurfacing on Pine Forest Road though so even more of it was gravel last night, it appears that lovely smooth bit was only an intermediate layer. Went up Johnny Foxes, Pine Forest, Viewpoint and back through Rathfarnham.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Let's just say thank God for boards.ie mobile :) Anyway I took a similar route to Blorgs, climbed from Kilternan to Johnny Foxes and on along Ballybrack Rd with it's billion tonnes of loose chippings. Went to the top of Cruagh Rd and came back down Edmonstown Rd and got a puncture under the M50 bridge. A big thanks to the Orwell guy for the offer of help but I was ok for a tube etc (broke the valve when I pumped it up though but it got me home).

AndyP wrote: »
    Let's just say thank God for boards.ie mobile :) Anyway I took a similar route to Blorgs, climbed from Kilternan to Johnny Foxes and on along Ballybrack Rd with it's billion tonnes of loose chippings. Went to the top of Cruagh Rd and came back down Edmonstown Rd and got a puncture under the M50 bridge. A big thanks to the Orwell guy for the offer of help but I was ok for a tube etc (broke the valve when I pumped it up though but it got me home).
    Was the Orwell guy heading up the hill at that point? I passed one on my way down, think it was the guy I was cycling with for a bit the other day.

Advertisement