Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanics that work evening hours

Options
  • 28-07-2008 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi all

A friend has her driving test tomorrow and has just found out that there are a couple of things that need to be fixed in the car. Its early tomorrow morning so these need to be fixed this evening. There's a problem with adjusting the wing mirror which a mechanic may have to look at. I'm sure all else can be fixed with a trip to Halfords.

Any know of any mechanics that might take a look at something in evening hours?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

there is a crowd that are in galvone industrial estate that seem to be open all hours... its the very last unit in the estate i think so just drive in and go all the way to the end... they do crash repairs so will prob be able to deal with adjusting wing mirrors aswell...

do they even check the wing mirror for the test? can ever rembember having to adjust mine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 KateD

there is a crowd that are in galvone industrial estate that seem to be open all hours... its the very last unit in the estate i think so just drive in and go all the way to the end... they do crash repairs so will prob be able to deal with adjusting wing mirrors aswell...

do they even check the wing mirror for the test? can ever rembember having to adjust mine..

Thanks a million for that...sounds perfect!! Don't think they necessarily check the mirrors for the test but in this car, you can't see the road when reversing around the corner which might not be the best idea for the test!!

no prob not ideal now....but she could always manually adjust the mirror to suit before the test then hope for the best!! not ideal but if all else fails!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 KateD

no prob not ideal now....but she could always manually adjust the mirror to suit before the test then hope for the best!! not ideal but if all else fails!!

It won't stay put but might need to jam something in there (sneakily) if nothing else works. Thanks a mill for your help. Will definitely head up to the Galvone place.

no problem....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Well their passing everyone at the moment it seems!! so a good time to be doing it.:D

did we get a pass??

Advertisement