Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Head' Shops

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Frisbee wrote: »
    Like what else do they sell?

I know for a fact a certain well known Dublin one also sells hash. Silly really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 OMEGA-KNO3

i bought recently the new spice diamond 3grams also Zohai 3grams and Damiana 1gram so far i have only smoked zohai which is quite pleasant so bought more stuff from Nirvana Head Shop website using my 3V pre-pay credited card i had 28 euro left on the 3v voucher so i went bought myself 800mg of spice gold and i had originaly intended to buy only 1gram of salvia 5x extract but instead of the salvia 5x extract there was a vial of salvia 10x extract with the price of 30.00 on the small box i have to say that i am pleased with how quick the delivery system is with Nirvana Head Shop although there prices are a bit too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,974 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I have to disagree on that to a point.

Not that I'm an expert, but salvia was more extreme than any illegal drug I have taken.

Never again. Took half a hit of that crap one time and have my body (right down the middle, tongue and all) was paralytic for 15 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

Im just gonna Re-iteriate whats already been said. Never ever do ****ing BZP.

Me: "This stuff is legal so it cant be that bad"

Proceed to take triple dosage.

Had a pretty good night it has to be said.

But the next 2 and a half days, cold sweats and fetal position mania.

Feels like your never gonna be able to sleep ever again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Thing I found strange, Tesco's are now selling tubs of "Hemp" seeds in their shops, well at least in Ballymun. Yeah really, "Hemp" seeds, badged as "Smart seeds".

To think, the trouble some people go too to get the seeds from other places and there we are now, walk in to your local Tesco's and buy a whole tub of them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

'it's legal so it can't be that bad'

far far more people die using legal drugs than illegal drugs, just remember that. The law has absolutely no relevance to how safe or good a drug is, it's all politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

'it's legal so it can't be that bad'

far far more people die using legal drugs than illegal drugs, just remember that. The law has absolutely no relevance to how safe or good a drug is, it's all politics.

Yeah I know this now. I was a young foolish college student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

FOGOFUNK wrote: »
    Im just gonna Re-iteriate whats already been said. Never ever do ****ing BZP.

Me: "This stuff is legal so it cant be that bad"

Proceed to take triple dosage.

Had a pretty good night it has to be said.

But the next 2 and a half days, cold sweats and fetal position mania.

Feels like your never gonna be able to sleep ever again.
    Yup.

If you want that kinda speedy buzz legally, do Clear Shot, or maybe some Geranamine based party pill. Extreme tiredness when you crash and being a bit out of it the next day are about the only short term side effects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Haha yeah I love that logic. If it's legal it's fine.

My mates took some of those herbal bangers, can't remember which one and they couldn't sleep for two days. Then there was the violent vomiting. They're a swing and a miss kind of thing really. Although I heard the raspberry tea is good.

Haha yeah I love that logic. If it's legal it's fine.

My mates took some of those herbal bangers, can't remember which one and they couldn't sleep for two days. Then there was the violent vomiting. They're a swing and a miss kind of thing really. Although I heard the raspberry tea is good.
    Lol, there was probably nothing "herbal" about those herbal bangers, more likely BZP or some other research chemical, most likely a piperazine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

DarkJager wrote: »
    "Smoke" is a lot better than the likes of spice gold which just leave you feeling spaced out for hours afterwards...which isn't very nice :) Just don't underestimate it if you are using a pipe, it does have a very nasty side to it as well ;)

Oi, Spice. That plus half of litre of vodka...I vomited in my own tent :( Must investigate this Smoke stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

Sm0ke wrote: »
    also dont go near salvia

I disagree.
    Use it sensibly and in the right surroundings and it's a savage buzz, not what I was expecting at all, so if you are going to use it, be warned, it's a very intense trippy high that only last 7 or 8 minutes. :)

That BZP stuff is lethal though, didn't sleep for three days. Nasty nasty stuff. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    BZP - horrible horrible drug. Banned in Australia too I believe. I don't think many people will give out when it finally gets banned here.

Totally agree. Also, there's pills being sold on the streets at the moment that contain BZP. Not ecstasy at all. So one who takes pills would be just as well off going to the Head shop in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

How much smoke should be put into a spliff??

I tried it before and I only got dizzy for about 5 minutes..... I'm guessing I was doing it wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

It's not too hallucinogenic

You're doing it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Thing I found strange, Tesco's are now selling tubs of "Hemp" seeds in their shops, well at least in Ballymun. Yeah really, "Hemp" seeds, badged as "Smart seeds".

To think, the trouble some people go too to get the seeds from other places and there we are now, walk in to your local Tesco's and buy a whole tub of them.

What's the big deal about selling hemp seeds :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 conorpacman

Ok, for one, Stay the hell away from 'smoke'. It's the most horrible weed sub. I've ever encountered. There is a much better substitute called 'spice gold'

I've bought laughing gas from there ('there' being the one on temple bar), Salvia ranging from 10x - 45x and a couple of pipes.

I'd definitely encourage someone to try Spice Gold, but also not to expect a whole heap. There is nothing better than the real stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I find smoke much better than spice gold. Spice last longer but is much less intense.

Smoke isn't really a weed substitute, it's a different kind of buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Its a seditive, nasty stuff, dont see the point in it really...

• Advertisement

It's no more a sedative than weed really, and it's a lot more trippy. Spice Gold is very sedating I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Weed is a cannabinoid, smoke is made from blue lilly I think it is which is actually a seditive, mountain of happy difference there lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Nehaxak wrote: »

I think you will find those hemp seeds wont grow if you try them. And any way hemp seeds can be found in lots of places including boots. Not sure what you eat them for but thats another thing. Hemp seeds can also be found in bird feed.

Have tried spice was left wondering whats the point, smoke how ever does have an effect.

Zangetsu wrote: »
    Weed is a cannabinoid, smoke is made from blue lilly I think it is which is actually a seditive, mountain of happy difference there lol
    emm.. just because a substance is a cannabinoid doesn't mean it can't have sedative effects. I'm not qualified to state whether or not it could be officially classed as a sedative though.

And it's not known what's in Smoke, as what's obviously the most active ingredient, which is probably a research chemical of some sort, is listed as a "proprietary incense blend from a South Indian temple priest".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭0utpost31

BZP is 200 times worse than actual yokes.

Imagine your brain is a world of little cogs and pulleys all going round and round. Now imagine jamming a rusty screwdriver into the middle of it all and mashing it around for two days.

That's BZP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Dunno, they said that about the hemp seeds in budgie food being zapped in some way so as not being possible to grow them but alas, you can indeed grow the weed from the seed in budgie food, not all of them but you will get a few to germinate from a small box of seed.

Can't see why it wouldn't work the same way with a whole tub of the seeds from Tesco's. They do grow as a weed and fairly hard wearing at that. I'm sure out of a whole big tub of them you're bound to get at least a few that are capable of germinating.

Anyway, doesn't interest me to try myself, just thought it strange is all that some tits make a big thing about "smuggling" in seeds from Amsterdam or whatever when you can buy a feck load of them in Tesco's. Alright maybe not the same genatically modified blow your mind type but still...

Down with that sort of thing...
    Careful now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    emm.. just because a substance is a cannabinoid doesn't mean it can't have sedative effects. I'm not qualified to state whether or not it could be officially classed as a sedative though.

And it's not known what's in Smoke, as what's obviously the most active ingredient, which is probably a research chemical of some sort, is listed as a "proprietary incense blend from a South Indian temple priest".
    Has it been scientifically proven that BZP is worse than MDMA based drugs? I believe both stimulate the same brain cells. It would be the content of what other cut substance i would be more worried about.

The only thing I would have for "legal" pills is that they are made in a controlled environment and not in some dirty back street lab. ( probably because it comes in a fancy package ) God knows what is cut into the making of ecstasy pills.

Has it been scientifically proven that BZP is worse than MDMA based drugs? I believe both stimulate the same brain cells. It would be the content of what other cut substance i would be more worried about.
    They have a similar mechanism of action, but BZPs effects are much closer to amphetamine. And it's not been researched much AFAIK, but I think anyone who's taken both will tell you that BZP has a much rougher comedown than MDMA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

I honestly cant believe dealers are making ecstasy with BZP. The experience of BZP is enough to put most people off for life, so surely it is counter profit.

Besides, seeing as despite being a legally produced and imported product it costs more than illegal ecstasy, surely the production must cost more.

btw BZP was originally a de worming agent for cattle.

If Id known that I would have never touched that poison.

• Advertisement

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    I honestly cant believe dealers are making ecstasy with BZP. The experience of BZP is enough to put most people off for life, so surely it is counter profit.

Besides, seeing as despite being a legally produced and imported product it costs more than illegal ecstasy, surely the production must cost more.
    I think this is more prevalent in the US.

Though if you were to buy a pack of 3 BZP pills for €10 and sell them on the street for €5 each you'd make an easy €5 profit.

And with a small amount of BZP, the side-effects are probably much less. I had a horrible experience with BZP, but it was with a pill with a very high amount (200mg IIRC). I've known people who've taken BZP without having the earth shatteringly awful side effects that I experienced. And I mean, the BZP market has lasted in New Zealand for the last 9 years, I don't think it could have been so successful had everyone experienced such horrible side effects.
    Tha Gopher wrote: »
    btw BZP was originally a de worming agent for cattle.

If Id known that I would have never touched that poison.
    Actually, it never was used as a de worming agent, just was initially investigated as one. They also looked into using it as anti-depressant medication, and abandoned that research due to its abuse potential, but the fact is that it was researched as a potential drug intended to be ingested by humans, so it can hardly be unequivocally called a poison.

And I mean, GBL for example is used as a paint stripper and a car wheel cleaner, yet it's a relatively safe drug at reasonable doses. And even alcohol is used for disinfecting and cleaning things, and again, it's relatively safe. So I wouldn't dismiss a drug based on it's other uses that make it seem less than desirable to consume.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement