Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Head' Shops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Anyway, doesn't interest me to try myself, just thought it strange is all that some tits make a big thing about "smuggling" in seeds from Amsterdam or whatever when you can buy a feck load of them in Tesco's. Alright maybe not the same genatically modified blow your mind type but still...

seeds are perfectly legal, no need to smuggle them in, u can order them over the net, or pick them up from your local smoke shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    They have a similar mechanism of action, but BZPs effects are much closer to amphetamine. And it's not been researched much AFAIK, but I think anyone who's taken both will tell you that BZP has a much rougher comedown than MDMA.
    I have taken PZP after a few pints in the past and would definitally not recommended it, nasty agressive comedown plus hangover effect for the best part of the following day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

having tried quite a bit of these, im just wondering, on the mushrooms side of things, how good are the legal versions? i know most have been banned, but im also aware that there was a loophole that allowed some of certain types to continue being sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Shamanic wrote: »
    having tried quite a bit of these, im just wondering, on the mushrooms side of things, how good are the legal versions? i know most have been banned, but im also aware that there was a loophole that allowed some of certain types to continue being sold.
    If you want a mushroom type high, try cacti like San Pedro or Peruvian Torch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

i believe BZP is very cheap if you buy in bulk, and the makers of these pills get a large profit. So i can see how it would be used in ecstasy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I ordered salvia off the net there a few years ago, didn't know what to expect, the packaging said something like fun visual sensations or something, actually had it shipped to work, went out the back took one big pull and boom the world ended lol, the most incredible hallucinations, the world was literally torn apart, total loss of control, didn't know who I was or where I was or what the hell all the crazy things I was seeing were , have never had an experience like it before or since, mad mad stuff, might give it another go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

how much cactus would one need to take for a reasonable trip?

also kratom was really nice when i tried it. don't get the resin or pills they're duds. Just get the extract.

vinylmesh wrote: »
    how much cactus would one need to take for a reasonable trip?
    Although potency varies, in general, 20-30g (dried) should be enough. Unfortunately, that amount is pretty pricey unless you buy online.

any idea how much is in the bags they sell in headshops?

There are packets of 12.5g, which are about €15 each IIRC, and bags of 20g which are about €25 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

seeds are perfectly legal, no need to smuggle them in, u can order them over the net, or pick them up from your local smoke shop.

I didn't know that. That's just, well, rediculous really.
    Illegal to grow it (or is that legal ?) but you can buy the seeds O.o

In regards magic muchrooms, if you really wanted them, would you not just pick them yourself ? Or is that illegal now too ?

you can buy mushroom grow-kits and the spores of magic mushrooms in head shops.

It's the same with cannabis. you can legally buy everything needed to grow them, but they're illegal to grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    btw BZP was originally a de worming agent for cattle.

If Id known that I would have never touched that poison.
    Interesting to see that this media propaganda does actually work so, even on someone like yourself who knows a thing or two about drugs.

You often hear of them cutting E or cocaine with "rat poison", AKA strychnine which was used medicinally in humans as a stimulant. A marathon runner in the 1904 infamously won they olympics on a cocktail of strychnine & brandy, the doping of the day.

Then you will hear ketamine described as horse tranquilliser by the media, but they conveniently leave out the fact it is also used on children, and that the recreational dose is 1/10th the dose given to a child!

Horses & rats sell more papers than kids & athletes though...

If alcohol was illegal the papers would probably read "these kids are drinking industrial solvent used for degreasing tractor engines."

0utpost31 wrote: »
    What's the proper way to eat the peruvian torch? I got some before and ground it up and washed it down with orange juice. It tasted like dirty show and nothing happened. The levels of mescaline in peruvian torch vary greatly from cactus to cactus but there should have been some effect.

I was thinking of maybe making a pot of tea out of them?

What brand was it, where did you get it, and how much did you take?

I think you can extract it with vodka, but i'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 SamoZlo

well - I found myself much, much more happy with Spice Diamond than with Smoke. it's not the real thing - but I think it's as close as you can get.

also tried pills called "shrooms". one doesn't work, four did the job just fine. no problems with sleeping, stomach or head on the next day. but again - it's not even close to the real thing. rather like Morning Glory seeds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

don't go telling people how to prepare or how much of a substance to take.

if someone wants to take mescaline, they can damn well put the work in themselves to find out more about it.

?
    AH Charter wrote:
    Drug Talk
    - Discussion of drugs is allowed. Telling people where to buy or requesting that information isn't allowed.

I was under the impression drugs could be discussed, just not where to buy them... (?)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

they can be discussed in a vague sort of way, telling someone 'you need Xmg of mind bending substance and you need to do this, this and that with it' can not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    I think this is more prevalent in the US.

Though if you were to buy a pack of 3 BZP pills for €10 and sell them on the street for €5 each you'd make an easy €5 profit.

Going rate for ecstasy in the US is about $25-30 as opposed to €5 here so buying up a load of BZP and flogging it would give the street level dealer inflated margins.

Sean_K wrote: »
    Going rate for ecstasy in the US is about $25-30 as opposed to €5 here so buying up a load of BZP and flogging it would give the street level dealer inflated margins.
    Well yes, except for the fact that BZP is also illegal there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Loads of head stores across Ireland were raided just after midday today by Garda national drugs unit(as if they havent anything better to be doing) according to rte radio news at one.

I hope they didn't find anything.

Loads of head stores across Ireland were raided just after midday today by Garda national drugs unit(as if they havent anything better to be doing) according to rte radio news at one.
    They can only take away what is illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

They can only take away what is illegal.
    They can take everything just to make sure it's not illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Thats like going into a shop and opening all the chocolate to check for poison, *takes chunk out of mars bar* "not poison", *takes chunk out of twix* "not poison....

Don't think so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Zangetsu wrote: »
    Thats like going into a shop and opening all the chocolate to check for poison, *takes chunk out of mars bar* "not poison", *takes chunk out of twix* "not poison....

Don't think so...

Yes, but even were one to challenge the legality of the raid after the fact, it takes time money that small business generally doesn't have. Plus they may well have some legal basis for such a pre-emptive raid, regardless of whether its "right" or not, if you get me.

ScumLord wrote: »
    They can take everything just to make sure it's not illegal.
    People will just have to wait several months for their BZP fix. :rolleyes:

by that time they will be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Does anyone if there is a khat extract you can buy that works and is available in dublin?

MM

Does anyone if there is a khat extract you can buy that works and is available in dublin?

MM
    Try the Khats and dogs home in Dublin :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Grainne Kenny on Liveline now praising the gardai.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement