Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Head' Shops

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Head shops raided on licensing issue
    Thursday, 6 November 2008 13:59
    Gardai have carried out searches at dozens of so called head shops as part of an investigation into the licensing of certain products.

In an operation which began at noon, detectives searched premises in Dublin and throughout the country and have taken away several products for further investigation.

The sale of 'party pills' in a variety of shops around the country has been under scrutiny for some time.
    The products are not illegal.

However, some products have herbal contents and gardaí have seized them - saying there is concern over whether or not the shops that are selling them are properly licensed.

Have they nothing better to be doing, the public interest would be better served raiding Johnno and Mickos gaff in phibsboro for the gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

khat is illegal here, although the law is rarely enforced.

Or else for some reason, the gaurds don't care about those crazy khat-chewing africans.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Have they nothing better to be doing, the public interest would be better served raiding Johnno and Mickos gaff in phibsboro for the gear.
    They'd already tapped out those lads. Needed something to take the edge of till customs came through.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

vinylmesh wrote: »
    khat is illegal here, although the law is rarely enforced.

The only place you can get it is a somali grocery shop.If it isnt completely fresh it doesnt work.
    I'd leave the stuff well alone even if you can get it,the side effects are horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

I get what your sayin Nodin but the odds on anything like that happenening are well below 0...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Guess this explains why the Galway Head Shop was closed at lunchtime today.

And I was mentally slagging the feckers for sloping off out to get munchies :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Zangetsu wrote: »
    I get what your sayin Nodin but the odds on anything like that happenening are well below 0...

Yep, which is why they do it.

However Joe Duffy and Whineline are happy. Hopefully they'll now do something about young people, some of whom are rumoured to be somewhere enjoying themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Ah jasus now the kids of today cant have any fun, no legal high's for them. Now they'll all sit at home, and not go out and not get rat faced on other slightly less legal substances...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

There's some gob****e on RTE 1 now about how emergency legislation should be brought in now.

ffs prudes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Most of these BZP based drugs originate from New Zealand :confused:

They relocated here after they were banned there.

Danger with BZP is that its very very very VERY dangerous if mixed. Nasty, nasty drug, problem is its sold as an e "substitute" but a very powerful drug in its own right with quite different effects and actually a much longer period of action than E. I believe the main reason it got banned in NZ was because of a couple of deaths due to mixing with MDMA. But actually you don't want to see what it does to somebody whose is or has been drinking, you really don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

shoegirl wrote: »

Danger with BZP is that its very very very VERY dangerous if mixed. Nasty, nasty drug, problem is its sold as an e "substitute" but a very powerful drug in its own right with quite different effects and actually a much longer period of action than E. I believe the main reason it got banned in NZ was because of a couple of deaths due to mixing with MDMA. But actually you don't want to see what it does to somebody whose is or has been drinking, you really don't.

BZP is a really really horrible drug. The only reason people haven't been dying left right and centre is because they're sold legally in a way that people know what dose they are taking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rekked

Posting under a different username than my usual for obvious reasons.

Took these for a while, on their own, nothing else and no alcohol, no problems.

Then came home after a few pints out and being a bit pissed, judgement was knocked. Took one, read a book for a while, and went out to a party.

Main previous discomfort, was horrible comedown and huge fluctuations in body temperature. This didn't prepare me for what happened on this occasion.

Arrived at party maybe 2 hours after taking 1 pill and starting to come up (takes a long long time). By now my speech was starting to go. Got bored after one hour and left.

Somewhere out on street, either passed out and fell over or fell and knocked myself out. Woke up in A&E 4 hours later wondering what the hell happened, having vomited my guts up. Busted my nose in the fall and quite a few bruises.

This was the scary bit - doctors had tested me and found cannabis in my system and "treated" me for that, despite the fact that it was probably a smoke I'd had a few weeks previously with no ill effects. When my speech returned they told me this and I told them what I had taken.

I got a look from the doctor which amounted to "you really are totally off your face" or that I had just sprouted 10 heads. Actually, they should've put me on a drip apparently (somebody would need to confirm that though) but they didn't test me for this, or seem in any way aware of it.

This called me a cab once I could actually talk and sent me to reception. I wandered around and fell over. I waas still totally off my face. Doctor who discharged me came in and asked me to sit down so I "wouldn't get her into trouble." In fact I don't think I fully came down until well into the following afternoon and the hangover lasted 3 days.

Needless to say, won't be taking it again.

And before you go all sanctimonious, I've been taking less legal stuff for 15 years, never had a bad experience on anything illegal ever in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

rekked wrote: »

Then came home after a few pints out and being a bit pissed, judgement was knocked. Took one, read a book for a while, and went out to a party.

Main previous discomfort, was horrible comedown and huge fluctuations in body temperature. This didn't prepare me for what happened on this occasion.

Arrived at party maybe 2 hours after taking 1 pill and starting to come up (takes a long long time). By now my speech was starting to go. Got bored after one hour and left.

Somewhere out on street, either passed out and fell over or fell and knocked myself out. Woke up in A&E 4 hours later wondering what the hell happened, having vomited my guts up. Busted my nose in the fall and quite a few bruises.

This was the scary bit - doctors had tested me and found cannabis in my system and "treated" me for that, despite the fact that it was probably a smoke I'd had a few weeks previously with no ill effects. When my speech returned they told me this and I told them what I had taken.

I got a look from the doctor which amounted to "you really are totally off your face" or that I had just sprouted 10 heads. Actually, they should've put me on a drip apparently (somebody would need to confirm that though) but they didn't test me for this, or seem in any way aware of it.

This called me a cab once I could actually talk and sent me to reception. I wandered around and fell over. I waas still totally off my face. Doctor who discharged me came in and asked me to sit down so I "wouldn't get her into trouble." In fact I don't think I fully came down until well into the following afternoon and the hangover lasted 3 days.

And before you go all sanctimonious, I've been taking less legal stuff for 15 years, never had a bad experience on anything illegal ever in my life.
    that's weird, I presuyme your talking about BZP?

I've never got anything off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Moral of the story, dont drink so much you black out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rekked

Erm....I had 3 beers...hardly enough to pass out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Domo230 wrote: »
    No experience with any of this stuff but salvia sounds interesting. However given that im under a lot of stress id probablyend up having a nasty trip.

Im guessin theres no way to stop one of these from happenin.

You only trip nasty if you think nasty beforehand ;) As for salvia, all I can say is be prepared - do not underestimate what the effect of it will be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Domo230 wrote: »
    No experience with any of this stuff but salvia sounds interesting. However given that im under a lot of stress id probablyend up having a nasty trip.

Im guessin theres no way to stop one of these from happenin.

As DarkJager already said, be prepared. Salvia isn't really a party drug and the effects can vary wildly between users and experiences from a mild stoned feeling to fullblown stronger-than-mushrooms ego-loss. If you're going to go near it then educate yourself about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

shoegirl wrote: »

Most of the BZP or E related deaths are from water intoxication. IE too much water rather than cocktailing.

I had a very nasty experience in Barcelona a number of years ago. It was enough to put me off any of that stuff for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Erm....I had 3 beers...hardly enough to pass out.
    Then came home after a few pints out and being a bit pissed

No offense but 3 beers and a party pill sending you into that state is crap. Speech started to go and passed out? I would look for underlying causes if i was you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭g.quagmire

Enlil_Nick wrote: »
    As DarkJager already said, be prepared. Salvia isn't really a party drug and the effects can vary wildly between users and experiences from a mild stoned feeling to fullblown stronger-than-mushrooms ego-loss. If you're going to go near it then educate yourself about it.

Agree with this completly I was givin salvia a couple of years ago by friends and took it without knowing what to expect it was the scariest experience of my life worst trip ever I actually cant believe how strong it was an what it can do to you.Very very scary and this is coming from a regular illegal drug user just be carefull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

Salvia 15x extract in the fun guy head shop in temple bar is ****e
    Very weak stuff

read up all about how u take it and what it does and it aint worth it man
    i have 20x extract which ima try later

but i did get fairly ****ed after smoking a proper joint of weed which was funky

overall im dissapointed and ii find it insane how people are saying this is good stuff or whatever
    the stuff u get in the dam online or anywhere but ireland is probably better

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dirty Frank

I guess everyone has different experiences. I tried less legal stuff before, I think alot of people do at some stage. But I never got anything good of the less legal stuff, I always just felt sick though I always found smoking disgusting (the taste that is, I never had anything against people who smoke!). I'd never do pill or anything harder I don't think, I've heard and witnessed too many bad experiences but I gave Salvia 15x a go about 2 months ago and I really enjoyed it! It only lasted about 8 minutes but it was worth it, even if onlky just to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

the legal high's u get in those shops are a joke , the pills the smoke and now this salvia bollox

Marijuana will be legal sooon enough so im happy even if that is waiting 2/5 years

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the government is taxing cigarettes to 'encourage people to quit', they are mandating earlier and earlier closing times for pubs and off licenses and you expect them to decriminalise weed?
    I know hypocrisy is to be expected in government, but this is a bit much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dirtyirishhooer

I got some Diablo pills from Nirvana on William Street last week. They're really strong, but I felt crap the next day. Didn't really sleep much either. The strong Zohai they sell is brilliant though. It's call RX or MX I think. The red one. The site they have is very well done. A bit slow though.

http://www.nirvanaheadshop.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Anyone see the "Buyer Beware" program on RTÉ tonight? 14 year olds getting served in them, pretty disgraceful tbh.

I've taken salvia and some of the legal weed things. I guess I did it for 'experience' and the laugh, silly reason really. Wouldn't touch the stuff again, but there's this product called 'SMOKE' they sell. It's a chemical form of weed basically. Anyway, me and my buddy went to see Pineapple Express in the cinema and took it before then. We were talking about how it had absolutely no effect on us, and as we were walking up it immediately hit us. Were laughing hysterically for the whole thing. Had to go to the bathrooms to sober up. Quite an experience really, but I don't think I'd do it again. Thought I was going to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I'd never take any stuff like that.
    I see weird sh*t as it is so I really dont want those monsters suddenly getting weapons........again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 rallyman

Salvia 15x extract in the fun guy head shop in temple bar is ****e
    Very weak stuff

read up all about how u take it and what it does and it aint worth it man
    i have 20x extract which ima try later

but i did get fairly ****ed after smoking a proper joint of weed which was funky

overall im dissapointed and ii find it insane how people are saying this is good stuff or whatever
    the stuff u get in the dam online or anywhere but ireland is probably better

If you're going to try salvia for the 1st time whats the best strenght? Also, if you're tested for sport does it show up??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

rallyman wrote: »
    If you're going to try salvia for the 1st time whats the best strenght? Also, if you're tested for sport does it show up??

Not sure if you're allowed to ask questions like that but.......Start with 5X, do it in a safe, comfortable environment with no naked flames or sharp things lying around ect. No it isn't tested for on drug tests and no test exists to look for it. Also try to do as much research as you can on it. Drugs-forum.co.uk and Erowid.org are good places to start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

50x is pretty good for your first timne, not too weak, not too strong. I@ve only tried salvia once though, it's terrible. Drugs are bad m'kay.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement