Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW TDI performance improvement

Options
  • 28-07-2008 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭

Howdy all, I've got a 04 Passat 1.9 TDI red I, 5 speed gear box, 100BHP.

The following url claims to bring me up by 70NM Torque and around an additional 30BHP. http://url.ie/k6w

What do yee all reckon?

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Do not put that near your engine,that is whats known as a resistor based tuning box,it plugs into your fuel temp sender and tricks the engine into thinking it needs more diesel,it will give you an initial burst of extra power when you floor it but nothing much after that.

Go with a proper remap fro ma reputable remapper and you will see proper gains,i used to have a golf with the same 100pd engine and a remap really brought it to life,its such a dead engine in standard form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

They have also been know to damage some ECUs. Depending on how bad they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

yeh remap will see 30bhp
    power will be more even too if you know what I mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

isnt there a power chip on the market ??

also there is air flow meter cheating chips and such but the simple way is allowing as much cold air as you can into the car and pushing up the power via the ecu but it isnt cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Remapping the ECU seems to be the best way forward. Duno what it'll cost, I'll ring yer man Joe tomorrow and see what the craic is.

If it's sub 300 euro I'll get it done, otherwise I think I'll just get one of the new twin turbo Golf GTs :), 1.4 petrol engine with 122BHP, pretty awesome power in a 1.4 petrol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

id say you would lose the will to live! your 130 bhp (remaped) passat would make mince meat of it,even with the weight disadvantage

Oh and before the nerds leap on you there is no twin turbo golf,its a turbo and super charger and thats not available with 122 thats only a turbo.

The remap will cost a maximum of 350 id imagine,no point in getting a 1.4 golf for the sake of 50 rips now is there lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

As mentioned above that is just a resistor that replaces the diesel temp sensor. However, a friend of mine put one into his PD130 golf before he got it mapped (on a rolling road). It made 12bhp with the resistor in place! However, I wouldn't trust something that "fools" the ecu. He pulled it back out and got a proper remap, gaining almost 50bhp with the map. Ed in www.turbotech.ie did my passat a quite a few friends cars also. Depending on if your throttle has a cable or wire it will cost €300 or €400.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

TDI remaps are the may to go. Pity the fools over on motors banned me for trying to spread the truth.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

talk to www.autoremap.ie

they can do it properly!
    only €350

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

Go for th remap! Tuning boxes make the car reeky and is more sore on the cars turbo. I have my Bora remapped . It was has 100pd engine! Great power in it now that its remapped!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭jamesO

A lad in navan did my skoda last week they have the same engine as the passat i think very impressed cost me €280.

jO-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭jamesO

Just found his web link if it's any use. www.i-remap.com

jO.

Advertisement