Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 top cycle rides in Europe

Options
  • 28-07-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

In today's Guardian, Ireland gets placed third on 10 top cycle rides in Europe.

Good to see the Beara Peninsula mentioned. I cycled from Ardgroom to Allahies there last summer (in awful weather). A short enough spin, but I did it on a fixie, which was mad but not entirely unpleasant.

The Beara is well worth considering in the context of 'boards on tour'. Beautiful country, good pubs, nice tarmac...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

I think we take the beauty of Wicklow for granted a bit, being so familiar with it etc. I think its fair to say Luggala, Glenmacnass and Glenmalure are as beautiful a place as you'll ever see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭cantalach

AndyP wrote: »
    I think we take the beauty of Wicklow for granted a bit, being so familiar with it etc. I think its fair to say Luggala, Glenmacnass and Glenmalure are as beautiful a place as you'll ever see.

<ProudMunsterBias>
    As beautiful a place as you'll ever see within 50 km of Dublin perhaps. And having done the W200 in June, yes, the Garden County definitely has a lot going for it scenery wise. But it is decidedly second tier when compared to the south west!
    </ProudMunsterBias>

good to see the dolomites also mentioned.

Last year when I was on a walking holiday in the area, there was a huge cycle, with I think, 10,000 people taking part.

Some great climbs, and well worth going over for, good food, cheap beer and spectacular scenery,

easy enough to get there, fly to Munich, and get the train down

http://www.sellarondabikeday.com/bike2008_eng.htm

Advertisement